Who makes Next furniture? Or similar?

I’m looking for a new coffee table, side cupboard and TV stand. I rate the Next furniture but last time only have to buy one item and buying 3 is budget stretching to say the least. Does anyone know who sells to Next? Or another company that is very similar but not as expensive?

Comments

• D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You could always try your local Salvation Army place if there's one nearby - the one near here odes good second hand stuff cheap.
  • Willis and Gambier are closing down their UK warehouse in April, as a result their stock has been massively discounted across the board. I don't know if they originally made Next's stuff but I know they did Debenhams which is similar? It's currently for sale at just about every clearance furniture outlet in the country (mine included ;)), definitely worth a look!
    Well informed on the subjects of sofas and wood furniture, and well opinionated on everything else :rotfl:
  • Debbie1
    Debbie1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You could try doing a Google search of the image on the Next website and seeing if it brings up similar results that are more cost effective.
    I did that a couple of years ago with a large rug I wanted from Next. I found what looked like the exact same one on a rug manufacturers website at a fraction of the price:grin:
  • hjd
    hjd Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you tried https://trade-secret.co.uk/ if you are in their area? Overstocks/overbuying from many big companies. Don't know if they stock Next stuff but worth a look.
  • Have a look at John Pye auctions - if there is an auction room near you. I've not seen furniture from Next but I have seen a lot of stuff from a major department store (that also has John in the name) and one of the big sofa retailers that also does furniture.

Often, the stuff is returns so expect damaged packaging or the odd knock. Generally stuff you can put right with a bit of time and/or elbow grease.
  • gentlepurr
    gentlepurr Posts: 4,122 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Westbridge sell Next and M&S as well as many other retailers furniture but its chance whether they have what you want in stock. Based in Stoke on Trent

https://www.westbridgefurniturestoke.co.uk/
    "It is not uncommon for slight acquaintances to get married, but a couple really have to know each other to get divorced." - Anonymous
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport