IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MCOL phase! Please help!

Comments

• True, is there any way to send in that defence? or do you think my defence would hold up?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Adding to or changing your defence is possible, but extremely costly - £255.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hi guys

Just a quick update for anyone following this.

Ive filled in and sent out the DQ, the claimant filled theirs in as well and sent it to me. Also the county court has got back to me saying that "This claim has been transferred to the below county court (my local court) hearing centre for allocation. On receipt, the file will be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions. Details of the judge's directions will be sent to you in a notice of allocation." I received that letter on the 10th of July, haven't got anything since then from either parties, just currently gather my evidence and getting ready to battle.

Ill be sure to keep you posted.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You also need to be thinking about a Witness Statement.
  • excuse my ignorance but I didn't have any witnesses with me, unless you meant some thing entirely different then please explain.
  • KeithP
    You are a witness.

Are you the keeper? Then at least you witnessed the arrival of NtK.

I'll not read the rest of your thread to find out what else you have witnessed.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    It is your WS

See #2 in the FAQ for advice on preparing your WS
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    excuse my ignorance but I didn't have any witnesses with me, unless you meant some thing entirely different then please explain.

You can't be ignorant to what happens next and that defence is not your only job, unless you want to lose?

Surely you've read the NEWBIES thread, please go and re-read the second post and suss what happens when, and that you are a witness and YOU must file a WS and evidence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • yes guys! you are all right, thank you all again for helping me out. I will start preparing my witness statement and gather as much evidence and learn my defence inside and out! Still waiting for my allocation date, so I got a little time now.
  • KeithP
    Wirelessoption, how is this progressing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure