Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• Hope everyone had a brilliant Christmas and that you’re all happily hitting the sales ready for next year 😆
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hope everyone had a brilliant Christmas and that you’re all happily hitting the sales ready for next year 😆

Merry Xmas to you too.

I haven’t hit the sales for next year, as I have to have a careful January, but I do have some good gift ideas, which I have written down.

Happykitties I’ve enjoyed drinking my first cocktail bauble - we’ve been visiting family, so I haven’t had the chance to drink the rest. I’m going to keep the last two baubles once I’ve drunk them and turn them into gifts. The labels peel off and most people probably wouldn’t guess what they are from. I may fill them with small sweets or bubble bath for the children.
  • I hope everyone has had a great Christmas.

My bank card is almost in intensive care.Def aim for Jan-no unnecessary spending.
    DD wanted to go to our small B@@ts in town yesterday as she loves the sales. I wasn't sure as with their website playing up I thought there would be alot of people when the store opened. There was very few of us so managed to get some birthday and Christmas bits.
    Stocked up on paper and special cards yesterday aswell and today checking dates carefully while only originally going out for cat food, I ended up buying sweets half price like a big box of liquorice allsorts for a £1 that will be ideal for birthdays. I picked up ones that I'm not keen on so they will be safe from me eating them!!!!!

Chanie I'm glad that you've enjoyed your first cocktail bauble. Poor DD had an operation on her nose earlier in the year and it hasn't worked. She's had problems with her sinuses and the septum is swollen.she hasn't been able to taste anything. She had planned to have a bauble on Christmas day but decided to wait u til she could taste and enjoy them properly.
    Talking of epic fails...epic fails with me
    * despite being organised I still ended up running around, I was so tired Christmas afternoon
    *never thought but a relative could take a birthday present back with them which would save on postage and go in the Star Wars gift bag I had actually bought(cheap). Meant having to shoot to the shops for a card and wrapping the presents last night ready to go this morning.....the last thing I wanted to do is wrap more presents.
    *Christmas Day I was doing part of the dinner and my DM the other half. DD being so laid back we end up rushing to DM house. DD left the kitchen door open with the rest of a 10lb turkey in there. I have 6 cats. It survived to tell the tale only because I had put it somewhere out of the way to cool down which made life difficult for the cats. I think I would have cried otherwise
    Off to tidy the house, its in a right state but have done a good job parceling up the recycling ready for tomorrow
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    Happykitties Good job the cats didn't get to your turkey - I bet the cats were disappointed though!!!

We have recycling boxes for our plastics and paper. Our paper box is overflowing. I did try and declutter in advance of Christmas, but the children got so much stuff. Luckily, we are due a collection tomorrow.
  • chanie
    I've just completed my first 2018 Xmas task: printing off labels for snowman soup/magic reindeer food, and Elf/Santa letters. I always forget to do them until its too late. I'll put them in with the Xmas decorations, ready for December.
  • chanie
    A couple more Xmas tasks completed this afternoon:

Firstly, on the way to the train station after work, I bought 3 rolls of wrapping paper for 50p each. I’ve bought reduced wrapping paper from Sainsbury’s for the past 3 Christmasses and still have a few rolls left, but I like lots of colour under our tree, so I try to use as many different types of paper as I can.

Then, I popped into Tesco’s near home, to pick up a few bits. I bought a Marvel Tavel mug for £3.50, down from £6. This will be for the children’s godfather. So, that’s my first present bought!
  • All packed away now til next year. I love the tree and decorations up early, but once the big day is done I like them down again. I can’t stand having it up for new year.
    Went into Manchester to have a nosey in the sales. Did ok online but haven’t been in I. Person for years. Got into card factory and got all the personal cards for next year, plus a good few “from all of us” and “to all of you” type ones as they’re always handy to have. Some bits from the works. Kids Christmas books for 10p!!
    I got Christmas jumpers online from Asda. All free through a cashback app. That’s my New Years resolution. More cashback apps, comping, freebies and coupons. Anything to help save the ever dwindling pennies. Scary looking back how much I spent in the sales last year. But it did set me up well for this year.
  • Meant to ask. Will we have a 2018 thread to find, or just switch the name of this thread??
  • chanie
    This thread has been really helpful, so I pop along whichever option.
  • Chanie i think the cats were disappointed!! If u want DDs empty cocktail baubles for the ideas u have had with ur own I would be more than happy to send them to you. Now that is one thing that I am rubbish at, preparing things like labels for projects. Did the pot of gold idea one year. While they went down really well they were without labels and left them last minute.

CCL you did really well with the free jumpers. I know what you mean about decorations. The extra things I put away but do like the tree up and lights twinkling to see me into the New Year. Used to like all decorations up until the 6th. Will prob keep the tree up until the 2nd or 3rd, only because it went up so late for me this year.

I always find the bit between Christmas and New Year very odd. Def Chrimbo limbo. Hoping to get out in abit for some fresh air.
    Need to get a couple of New year cards and birthday cards, might aim to get out and get them first thing bec of a hospital appointment. Still eating our way through the fridge and cupboards, we wont starve its just finding the cats favourite food without paying a fortune for it.
    Even the cats are 'Christmassed' out!!!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills