Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion

Comments

• esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Buzby wrote: »
    Current best deal is 200mins, 30Gb Data, unlimited texts and tethering plus EU free roaming for £15pm with 12 month minimum. It ends on 20/12/16.

Oh, it's on 3UK.

That's a terrible deal! 200 minutes for £15/mnth?! Wow.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    esuhl wrote: »
    That's a terrible deal! 200 minutes for £15/mnth?! Wow.

It depends on your usage. If someone doesn't make a lot of calls, but uses a lots of data, it's a good deal. On EE, a 30GB plan costs £39.99 per month.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Depends on the coverage too.
    3/EE don't work at home (for voice) so wouldn't be a good deal for me either.
    Marvqn1 wrote: »
    It depends on your usage. If someone doesn't make a lot of calls, but uses a lots of data, it's a good deal. On EE, a 30GB plan costs £39.99 per month.
  • Most of the deals on the page seem to be out of date. The Plusnet £10 one now only includes 2Gb of data as opposed to the 4Gb stated. The Vodafone £15 is also no longer there, it's now 6 months half price on a £22 month plan which equates to £16.50 a month over the 12 month period - and the data is only 4Gb as opposed to the 5Gb it says on the page.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    BT SIM only, Amazon/iTunes voucher.

BT say 45 days before you receive them, but they are taking much longer and you have to push them. Appears they are hoping you give up. Long forum thread on the BT forum. Mine took 3 months.
  • Just discovered 1pMobile. No link as I'm new on the forum, google it. Haven't used it myself but it looks impressive.

its 1p/min 1p/text 1p/MB and it 3 or 4g on Res network

To get the rate you must buy £5 of credit per month but that credit doesn't expire and will roll over.

The genius part of this deal is that they are having a January sale for new subscribers - 50% off . So you can, if you want, buy a years credit for £30 quid giving you a mix of 500 minutes/texts/mb a month which rolls over if you don't use it all.

Obviously not suitable for high data users but if you use very little data, and they say their typical user uses 300mb a month, then its a steal.
  • Just discovered 1pMobile. No link as I'm new on the forum, google it. Haven't used it myself but it looks impressive.

its 1p/min 1p/text 1p/MB and it 3 or 4g on Res network

To get the rate you must buy £5 of credit per month but that credit doesn't expire and will roll over.

The genius part of this deal is that they are having a January sale for new subscribers - 50% off . So you can, if you want, buy a years credit for £30 quid giving you a mix of 500 minutes/texts/mb a month which rolls over if you don't use it all.

Obviously not suitable for high data users but if you use very little data, and they say their typical user uses 300mb a month, then its a steal.

Thats a truly terrible deal sorry.
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
  • The BT Mobile prices with voucher and cashback are a good deal for BT broadband customers, but they have a sneaky limitation which isn't publicised.

Even though BT own EE, don't expect to get unrestricted EE speeds. BT throttle the top 4G speed you can get to 30Mbps download. That's probably OK for most users but if you you do want to go faster then you have to pay another £4 per month for the Extra Speed bolt on.
  • I am currently on unlimited minutes and unlimited texts and 6GB of data for £14.95 a month but don't get 4G signal the max I get is H+. Spoke to Plusnet yesterday via their chat yesterday and they said because I'm on an old Life mobile tariff I wouldn't be able to get 4G and would have to give up 2GB of data to get 4GB which is the max they offer because I don't have their broadband. Rubbish. Threatened to go elsewhere and they said okay.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Virgin offer at the moment:

Same network.

Move to them

They are now offering triple data on the £12 package.
    2Gb to 6Gb
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure