WARNING: wisedriving igo4 - wise driving review igo4 review insurance

Options

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    church45 wrote: »
    I would suggest "Rudekid45" acquire the full facts regarding my message about wise driving and the cost they charged my grandsons for Third Party Fire Theft before stating something that cant be substantiated by him I was hoping to enclose part of the document relevant he received from them but did not understand how to enclose it with my message, plus on top of that amount I had to pay roughly £700 thereabout for fines he was supposed to have built up according to his insurers.
    The APR charged under the agreement was 39.2%APR variable stating that under the agreement it would be £4,523.51 (including any deposit and any feed and charges)
    This I have taken off document.

He's trying to acquire the full facts, with all due respect the figures in your original post do not make sense, so he's asking you to clarify them
  • church45
    church45 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My I suggest if yourself and Rudekid45 were to read my last part of last message the facts are there to be seen taken from the policy was £4,523.51 never mind taking the calculator and finding irrelevant pennies here and there just look at the overall amount above this without as stated my imput of around £700 pounds more which I paid with my credit card for as they stated his so called bad driving and not acting on a curfew, not being able to drive after a certain time at night and I mean 9pm what "tosh" and Rudekid45 to surmise without I suspect having no evidence to confirm that there isn't a curfew on that product well let me tell him there is, also you stated he needed to acquire the full facts asking me to clarify it surely the part off the policy showing in all what my grandson was charged as stated above is there to be seen also as stated I didn't have knowledge to send attachment if this had been the case all would have been seen.
    I am not into or needing anyone to pick little faults out either with my wording or any other part of my message only hoping I and other got positive responses to the problems myself and other post on this or any other forum.
    I post my problem and hope for advise one way or the other not like some who sit on forums 24/7 trying to be clever I can do without people like that.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    church45 you may think it appropriate to write long unpunctuated sentences but most of us need things broken up so that we can understand what is being said properly but clearly you are capable of doing so without that and also capable of putting down a set of figures which do not add up and understanding what you mean but again people like rudekid48 dacouch and me cannnot so clearly you are a far more capable person than any of us and I think we are unable help you and suggest you go to a solicitor who will probably suffer from the same limitations as us but at least will be willing to spend time trying to work out what you are talking about because unlike those of us posting here they will be able to charge you a great deal of money for that time.
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow :eek: nothing else to say really, apart from it's 48 not 45 :o
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • esmithy_2
    Options
    I have been insured with Wise Driving since February and it's been terrible. If you don't sign to their T&C's they charge you 10% of your fee when taking out your insurance cost (I pay monthly). At first this was fine, as I paid £131 a month and a £10 'admin' fee as I didn't send them the sign docs back. Then the next month, my insurance had gone up even more to just under £135 and so had the fee! All of this because I was driving outside of the curfew the other user mentioned above. They mention absolutely nothing about the curfew in any document or policy I have read. I work 9-5 and I went out one weekend from 10pm until midnight, and my score dropped down into the 'poor' section and they instantly upped my insurance?? Seems crazy, especially considering it was ONCE and they had given me no prior warning or knowledge of the fact my premium would raise based on the TIME of my driving.

Looking to cancel my insurance now as insured on a new car without a black box. Website states £120 base fee for cancellation, plus any other 'insurer costs' on top of that. Dreading phoning them to cancel but needs to be done. Would recommend to any new driver like myself to either wait and save up, or pay the extra for insurance without a black box. Not worth the hassle!!!
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    esmithy wrote: »
    They mention absolutely nothing about the curfew in any document or policy I have read.

Challenge it.

Their policy says:-
    Adjusting Your premium
    The data collected from the WiseDriving Box is used to assess the way in which Your Car is driven (see the WiseDriving Box Data section below) and the premium charged is adjusted based on this assessment.

Do any of your documents show a WiseDriving Box Data section?
  • esmithy_2
    Options
    Not from what I see. It's ridiculous - I've phoned them three times this week and I haven't had one single human interaction, yet have been on hold for up to 90 minutes!!!! I can't get through to anyone to cancel the stupid policy! Beyond angry now - would never recommend them to anyone. Assuming they'll charge me for the months insurance as well as the cancellation fee which I simply can't afford so will be fighting them if they try to take that path.
  • mentalghost
    Options
    Have seen their insurance pop up on may quote sites. Made a few calls to them asking about a number of things and decided to give a go.

After reading here and also seeing have to have tracking device and also all comments am happy I have not gone ahead. Hope this scam insurance company gets closed down.

For anyone who is getting charged off them take it up with tradingstandards

log a complaint with them and advise in full of what has gone on ull get refunded and no doubt compensated if goes to small claims court if found that the company is wrongfully charging you
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Call me a cynic, but how come the people slagging off this company are newbie posters? Almost as if it is the same person posting under different screen names. Until this thread I had never heard of the company and if getting insurance would only ever go with a major name with a solid history of good service.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Facebook reviews reinforce the message to go elsewhere!

https://www.facebook.com/iGO4Insurance?sk=reviews
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport