IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Options

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    You think preparation of a POPLA appeal, or (even worse) a court defence, is less troublesome than 1 or 2 letters/emails to a landowner/principle who engaged the PPC? Seriously?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it really worth all the bother of complaining??

Surely it's easier to just appeal to POPLA and beat the pp scum there, or in court.
    The real BEAUTY of complaining to the landowners and retailer (which is pretty easy, a few emails or phone calls or popping in and waving the PCN around) is:

(a) PPCs hate it

(b) The landowner might decide to remove the contract/not renew it

(c) PPCs hate it.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hedge2004
    hedge2004 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 October 2016 at 2:55PM
    Options
    When I called head office contact details, I was given the following e-mail address when complaining about a parking ticket - parking@WelcomeBreak.co.uk. They were very quick in replying, they came back to me in less then 48 hours.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    hedge2004 wrote: »
    When I called head office contact details, I was given the following e-mail address when complaining about a parking ticket - parking@WelcomeBreak.co.uk. They were very quick in replying, they came back to me in less then 48 hours.

Thing is, we suspect that's ParkingEye.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    M&S Manager in a Retail Park cancelled a Smart Parking PCN:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5528449

OP says his/her heinous crime was this:

''Basically I was parked on a Retail Park, which is close to a football stadium.....Max stay is 3 hours or 90mins max on Match days.

In all honesty I didn't see the signs, and was in the carpark for around 2 hours on a Match day - was buying some furniture with my family.''
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 19 October 2016 at 8:41AM
    Options
    A retailer told UKPC to cancel a £100 'charge':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5540057

Looks like UKPC had taken the photo from an angle to make it appear that the free ticket (not tariff) allowing 3 hours free parking, wasn't fully visible, thus turning a free stay for a genuine shopper into £100 for ex-clampers (and previously caught out doctoring photo evidence) UKPC.

NASTY - and they sue people.

Always complain, and in 2016 by November, please please join our letter-sending campaign to Theresa May, the DCLG and Mr Corbyn and your MP, sending them actual hard copies of the trash they've been deluged with. Let their advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

No emails, all letters from genuine people pouring their hearts out.

Write to your MP as well as Mrs May. Here's a template if you are wondering what to write:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

Do not do this campaign by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Manchester Airport PCN scam - Holiday Inn cancelled a Parking Eye threat:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5541789

Good old Holiday Inn - praise goes to them - the OP was not even a customer. They must cancel these all the time and it's not their fault ParkingEye are there wrecking their customer relations!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Asda cancelled a ParkingEye PCN for 'overstay' by a customer:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5537376

The OP had to contact Asda's CEO, after failing to get much help from them via their CS Team or Twitter.
  • The_Oldsage
    Options
    First off - a huge thank you to the people who share expertise and advice on here - I would not have been so well informed without your input.:T

As a newbie I studied everything I needed to before posting, and I got a result and a ParkingEye cancellation within SIX hours of contacting my local Asda manager by e-mail and copying in their CEO.

For anyone interested....:rotfl:

Before going on holiday for a week we visited our local store twice in the same day - yup, you already know what's coming next!

On returning from a well earned week in the sun there was a PCN from ParkingEye for a SINGLE visit totalling 4 hours 58 mins - preposterous. My wife hates shopping almost as much as me, we would NEVER be there that long. ParkingSly had stitched our cars first entry time to it's LAST exit time. I was furious.

I did my research (without posting - I saw how irate some of you get with newbs repeat questions :D ) and headed off in person to our local Asda armed with the PCN and receipts.

I got no joy from the 'deputy manageress' who took copies of my documents and offered to get her colleague from Admin to ring me the next night as she 'knew more about these complaints'. I said I wanted the manager involved but was told he wasn't available.
    Next night I got the agreed phone call but was told that basically I had to take the complaint up with ParkingSly - I told her to pass my complaint to the manager and I'd be in touch.

Work took over my time, but today, my first day off since my holiday I decided to get it sorted.

I emailed the store manager and copied it in to the CEO. Here it is:

Subject: Parking Eye COMPLAINT

Dear Sir,

We have been Asda customers since the
    store first opened it’s doors in

As a family of six we have spent thousands of pounds over the years, we visit the store numerous times a week, and often more than once in a day – take note of that point, it’s the crux of this mail.

We shop not only for groceries but use the pharmacy and Asda George as well as the caf!, in short, we are the type of loyal customer Asda depends on.

On 11/10/2016 we visited the store TWICE, once from 12.19 and again at 17.00. These were TWO SEPARATE visits.

Imagine my fury when the parasitic company that you employ, Parking Eye, sent me a parking charge notice claiming our car was in your car park for 4hours 58 minutes – they have clocked our first visit IN but NOT the exit, and tagged it on to our later visit where they have omitted the second ENTRY time and only used the second visit exit time. Disgraceful practise, you really need to get this sorted ASAP.

We were actually out of the area that same afternoon in the same car...

I did some research online and found – INCREDIBLY - that this is quite a common occurrence in Asda car parks nationwide – outrageous as well as fraudulent – why would you employ a company that harangues you customers
    for simply turning up to shop at your store twice in one day?

My research suggested contacting the store first off - which I did. I spoke to your duty manager
    last Thursday who basically could not help me, she did take a copy of my ticket and receipt as I told her I wished it to be passed onto yourself. She also offered to get the Admin manager to ring me the next evening (Friday) and I was indeed contacted by a lady called
    . I told her I wanted my complaint logged and trust you have been given my details now. She said she couldn’t help and that I must take up the appeal with Parking Eye.

Like most people, I am a very busy man. Why should I, or any loyal Asda customers, now have to spend a lot of my free time (I do not get much, working 12 hour shifts) and also endure the hassle taking on Parking Eye because THEY got it wrong when I shopped at your store twice in the same day?

This company are a nightmare to deal with, they harass people with court threats and have an ‘appeal’ system that does not work basically.

And let’s not forget – I have committed no misdemeanour here, yet I am going to have go through the charade of their appeal system regardless.

I am asking you in the first instance to get this PCN rescinded on my behalf, I don’t see why I should spend my time fighting my case, I’ve done NOTHING wrong. You also need to reconsider using this company – I for one will now consider very carefully whether I will ever use Asda again after this. I need to be able to spend my money in a supermarket without worrying about a parking system out to make money from me.

Let me know if you need any further details of my PCN, although it should have been passed on to you by your staff.

I look forward to your reply.

I sent this at 10.30am and had an email reply by 12.45 asking for a few more details and requesting my phone number for a chat.

A member of the CEO's team rang me to say that they had had a meeting about my mail and it had flagged up a number of concerns with procedure on their part - to say I was impressed with the speed of their action would be an understatement. Their rep assured me via email as well as verbally that the PCN was quashed, and proper procedure was to be implemented at my local store to prevent any recurrence of a customer turning up like I did and not getting any redress. He said I should not have had to chase around like I had - excellent!
    He also took a note of our two cars registration numbers to add to their system to prevent any more possible 'double visit' problems, and told me they would be looking into the reason ParkingSly got it so wrong.

I was very impressed - within roughly four and a half hours from firing off my email - and most importantly copying in the CEO - I had the result I expected.

Top marks to Asda from me :T:T:T

And of course top marks to you lot on here for the advice! :beer:
    One life, get it lived :cool:
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Asda were warned about Parking Eye when they employed them after ditching Smart Parking. They have only themselves to blame.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback