Smart switch back up

Hi guys, I've just backed u my phone - Samsung S4 mini - to my pc using Smart switch (SS only on the pc not on mobile).
It seemed to go through the back up correctly, telling me what it was backing up etc but where does the back up file go?
I've looked in the Samsung folder and the only Smart Switch back up in there is one from 2016. I know I did another one a few days ago which is also not showing. I've looked on line and an article mentions 'My Files' but I can't find any folder of that name. Pc is running on Win10 if that makes any difference.
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This youtube video might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP6EMpYn3EA

Looks like it stores (or used to) in Documents/Samsung/Smartswitch folders
  • liketoknow
    liketoknow Posts: 107 Forumite
    Thanks gsmlnx but that is my problem, I've looked in Documents/Samsung/Smartswitch but the only one in there is from 2016 not the ones I've done recently.
  • liketoknow
    I've found it, after clicking on the Smartswitch icon, there is a box on the top right hand corner which says 'more'. I clicked on that and then preferences. It takes you to the back up folder.
    It does give the location as Documents/Samsung/Smartswitch but it doesn't show when I go to that location.
    Anyway, going back to 'preferences' that I clicked on, they are listed in there giving the option to delete older ones.
    Glad I found them!! I had also backed up in Kies anyway but just wondered where the Smartswitch ones went.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    At least you know and thanks for sharing the answer..
  • liketoknow
    It might help someone else one day lol, you never know !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure