HELP! Courtesy car flat tyre.

2»

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    So you've had the car for the thick end of a month already, and the tyre is deflating because of road debris...?

That's on you. If you'd been in your own car, you'd be paying for a tyre.
  • Nobbie1967
    Nobbie1967 Posts: 1,457
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    efc140597 wrote: »
    Totally understand that... however, my point is that I was not offered RAP and it states in the contract that I did not decline any additional extra cover. If it said in my contract that I declined RAP then yes I would 100% be happy and willing to pay for the new tyre because I didn't take out any protection on it.. just like if I had a mobile phone with no insurance and I dropped it then I would have to pay for it because I chose not to get additional cover. But the problem lies with my contract saying I did NOT decline any addiotnal extras. So they didn't offer me tyre protection when they should have, as I would have taken it out an now not have to soon become £250 out of pocket. So my question is should I have to pay?

Why 'should' they have offered tyre protection? Surely it's upto to you to decide on the level of risk you are prepared to take and ensure appropriate cover on the hire car. Do you have tyre protection on your regular car?

I would have thought most people just take a puncture as one of the costs of driving a car, so makes little difference whether it's a hire car or your own.
  • efc140597
    efc140597 Posts: 14
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Nobbie1967 wrote: »
    Why 'should' they have offered tyre protection? Surely it's upto to you to decide on the level of risk you are prepared to take and ensure appropriate cover on the hire car. Do you have tyre protection on your regular car?

I would have thought most people just take a puncture as one of the costs of driving a car, so makes little difference whether it's a hire car or your own.

Well one of the differences is that I do not have £250 tyres on my car? Also why would I just assume that there is a type of cover for tyre protection without being told about it? Should I have also asked about leather protection for the interior? Carpet protection for the floor inside?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Well one of the differences is that I do not have £250 tyres on my car? Also why would I just assume that there is a type of cover for tyre protection without being told about it? Should I have also asked about leather protection for the interior? Carpet protection for the floor inside?
    The key to that is...
    I have a courtesy car at the min, all paid for through third party insurance, no cost to myself.

"I collected a courtesy car, and they spent ages trying to upsell me insurance for every ridiculous eventuality!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure