The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 April 2019 at 4:01PM
    Options
    I am not sure she has popped out to the shops and I keep forgetting to ask her. the weather seems a bit cooler today.

I have done some work and also mowed the lawn, vacuumed and mopped and done one more load of washing. It is glorious outside despite a cool start. Mum has been gardening all day.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I had a NSD today as I took my own crisps in and my own fruit. Yay. I wonder if I can maintain this? I am shattered so am going to bed for a bit and will do some marking later.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 27 April 2019 at 10:19AM
    Options
    Hurrah it is the weekend. In total, I must have spent about £4 at work this week. I have given £20 for both nieces for doing a massive favour for me - they deserve much more!

I have enough to pay my credit card and a bit left over. I hope to make an OP of about £100 on my mortgage - we shall see. Today I have gone for a little walk and am now doing a clothes wash. It is quite windy outside and I am hoping that will aid drying of said clothes.

All is well in the world and I am a happy bunny. I have odd marking tasks to do and a bit of cleaning to keep me busy this weekend.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Payday today I would like to have an OP of £100 tonight towards savings fund.

I did shop yesterday and bought a blouse and also 2 books from fleabay. Total spend £14.

I have to go into work for a few hours and then I am hoping to get some salad. All is well the sun is shining but it is not boiling out there. With any luck I might be able to do some mowing this week before it rains.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I spent £45 on work stuff today! Im going to take the money from the Christmas Fund and never do this again.

I also went to the supermarket and bought whoopsied clematis plants and groceries for £42. Taxi was £5.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Oh dear SW .....Is work stuff something you can claim expenses on from work ? Hope you still have enough for the overpayment ?
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • pinknsparkly
    Options
    The Ebay shirt and books sound fab! Far more exciting than the purchase I've just made on ebay: 3 pairs of orthotic insoles for my shoes that provide arch support for my ridiculously flat feet!!

Are the work expenses ones that you can claim back? hope you managed to sneak your pre-rain mowing in :D
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    The books and blouse are a reward for my hard work this weekend.

I can't claim the expenses back malheureusement.

I have an OP of £120 this month and it's payday tonight. I will try very hard not to waste any money in May so hopefully I can pay the extra work expense without having to raid the Christmas Fund.

Onwards and Upwards and Hurrah for May...…..
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Ooooh exciting new word: malheureusement. Had to look it up :o

You deserve a treat SW you work so hard. x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 1 May 2019 at 6:49PM
    Options
    Bless you it's about all I remember from O Level French!

I don't I only work part time as I am ill it's just a v draining job. lol.
    Ps has anyone heard that some cash machines will no longer allow free withdrawals? I shall be so upset if my shops start charging to withdraw cash. Remember when this happened in the 1990s? Then I was a student and I didn't mind paying but I am not paying now.

Today I bought £2worth of junk at work! I also gave £5 to a collection. No other things purchased. Im being good. Just two more days till the weekend and then I can chill. Cant wait. Its supposed to rain for the next few days I hope it happens before the weekend as I fancy some chill out time in the garden.

I don't ever seem to get any vouchers any more as the summer hols is when I fill in surveys however today I have been sent a Gfk voucher for £25 which I am going to redeem and put towards Christmas presents. So happy. This is thanks to Steve and Andy. Hurrah.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure