XBOX security settings

Hello, I got my 10yo an Xbox one for his birthday but am baffled by the security settings, have set it age appropriate to 12, have a passkey to protect against purchases etc but every time he restarts the console I have to enter the passkey to allow him access to youtube, I cant find the "always" option to tick it.

The youtube account he is accessing via the xbox is set to his age group so have no concerns there but its a pain to have to keep entering the passkey.

Any tips?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    HoolyNI wrote: »
    Hello, I got my 10yo an Xbox one for his birthday but am baffled by the security settings, have set it age appropriate to 12, have a passkey to protect against purchases etc but every time he restarts the console I have to enter the passkey to allow him access to youtube, I cant find the "always" option to tick it.

The youtube account he is accessing via the xbox is set to his age group so have no concerns there but its a pain to have to keep entering the passkey.

Any tips?

All I can say is maybe its something that can't be changed.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I would agree with the above - probably because of the age appropriate setting and there being an awful lot of age inappropriate videos on youtube.

Your only other option would be to remove the age restriction on the account but then you'd run the risk of him accessing or being subjected to age inappropriate content.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure