What will be top selling toys this xmas??

Ok,
So I am trying to get ahead of the game this year, and also start spreading cost of xmas rather than one big lump sum in NOvember.
Soooo
What do we think will be hot this christmas for the wee mites??????:confused:
I have 1 ds who is 4 and 1 dd who is 12.
DD has already been taken care of for main pressie, just small stocking fillers needed for her.
But DS???:rolleyes: , I got pulled into the Wii craze last year, but luckily picked one up whilst visiting rele's in Oz (although they had nearly sold out over there as well!!!)_ Not getting dragged into that price inflating trap again.
What is going to damn hot this year?? And I can be dead smug when I have already bought it, wrapped it and put it away whilst everyone else is having a nightmare??:D :rotfl: :D
DS is into lego, power rangers, spiderman, cars, catch my drift??...:xmassmile
:silenced:

Comments

• i have the same problem, its a nightmare! i have 4 children aged 3wks, 2.5yrs, 4.5yrs and nearly 8yrs. obviously 2 younger ones are not a prob but 4yr old takes after big bro and eldest is 7 going on 13!. my prob is i cant buy too early as he`ll end up changing his mind 4 or 5 times b4 xmas. but then i can`t leave it too late as i wont be able to get it as it would of sold out! aghhh what to do. at these ages they normally bring a new film out b4 xmas and sell all the toys for it. like disneys cars a couple of yrs ago, had real trouble trying to get some of that stuff and its so annoying as you see people selling it on ebay at 3 times the shop price because they know you cant get it but really need too. my kids are also into the super hero thing so i wonder if it could be iron man toys and comp games. if you find the answer please let me know. my 4yr old is into ben 10 and has been after a certain figure for weeks in the begining we`d drive to loads of different shops for about 2hrs with no luck this was because he had such a good nursery report we wanted to treat him. still not found it!
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Ok,
    What do we think will be hot this christmas for the wee mites??????:confused:
    :xmassmile Christmas Dinner :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How about Wii Fit for Wii child?
    Bike for 4 yo?
  • DaisyFlower
    DaisyFlower Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    betterlife wrote: »
    i have the same problem, its a nightmare! i have 4 children aged 3wks, 2.5yrs, 4.5yrs and nearly 8yrs. obviously 2 younger ones are not a prob but 4yr old takes after big bro and eldest is 7 going on 13!. my prob is i cant buy too early as he`ll end up changing his mind 4 or 5 times b4 xmas. but then i can`t leave it too late as i wont be able to get it as it would of sold out! aghhh what to do. at these ages they normally bring a new film out b4 xmas and sell all the toys for it. like disneys cars a couple of yrs ago, had real trouble trying to get some of that stuff and its so annoying as you see people selling it on ebay at 3 times the shop price because they know you cant get it but really need too. my kids are also into the super hero thing so i wonder if it could be iron man toys and comp games. if you find the answer please let me know. my 4yr old is into ben 10 and has been after a certain figure for weeks in the begining we`d drive to loads of different shops for about 2hrs with no luck this was because he had such a good nursery report we wanted to treat him. still not found it!

Which figure are you after?
  • DaisyFlower
    I think Wall.e will be very popular at xmas, the film gets released on dvd in November just in time for xmas sales.

The new clone wars film will probably sell a lot of merchandise as appeals to many ages.

Have picked up small bits for my little man but am waiting until a little nearer the time to do the bulk of it as his tastes change weekly.
  • Thanks for ideas....however we already have wii fit (it lives under the computer desk and like alot of things seems to be gathering dust!!!) and he does have a bike, he got this for his birthday.
    What I was just wondering was, can anyone out there actually predict what might be the big must have?? Thanks for the wall-e (is that spelt right?) idea, I'm sure once he has seen this on dvd he will be fixated...
  • its amazing my dd who is just 4- seems to have remembered all about last christmas & every advert that comes on with toys on it- she seems to be saying i want that! I havent really thought about what to get her this year as she has sooooo much stuff anyways (she is spoilt rotten by my parents who dont see her a lot)
    Now im debt free i want to be fat free too!
  • I know how your feeling, ds has bedroom full of toys, books and teddys. But does he play in there??? NO.. he plays with a couple of power rangers all the time and his box of lego which he got from Legoland...that is it!! We really do spend too much on them:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • betterlife
    betterlife Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Which figure are you after?

hi daisyflower he is after ripjaws and sixsix. i have had a look on ebay and they do have them at buy it nows for about £9.99 plus postage:eek: which makes me mad:mad: as they are 3.99 in the shops i just cant get these two. it is annoying when some adults find these toys and sell them for stupid prices knowing that if your child is desperate for it you will have to pay the price so they can have it for b day or xmas. will keep looking anyway x.:p
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • DaisyFlower
    betterlife wrote: »
    hi daisyflower he is after ripjaws and sixsix. i have had a look on ebay and they do have them at buy it nows for about £9.99 plus postage:eek: which makes me mad:mad: as they are 3.99 in the shops i just cant get these two. it is annoying when some adults find these toys and sell them for stupid prices knowing that if your child is desperate for it you will have to pay the price so they can have it for b day or xmas. will keep looking anyway x.:p

You can register on https://www.thetoyshop.com for stock alerts, had a couple of ours from there as the emails do work. Had the bulk from Amazon as they seem to have batches of stock every couple of weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure