New plan...time to see some movement!

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Payday today, hurrah!

I've paid for after school club right through til October. Also paid £50 towards the car today.

Little jwil was still complaining about feeling ill today, so haven't been out. I've had a good clean of the kitchen floor with the steam mop, it's never looked so clean (well as clean as manky concrete can look!). I've also ordered some replacement mop heads so that I can do more than one area at a time.

I made some lardy cake. It's not bad for a first attempt! Whilst doing that decided that the big mixing bowl is just too big so I've put that out to go now. I've got a smaller one which is much better.

I've also continued with various little cleaning jobs around the house, and wrapped DH's birthday presents for next week. I found a few bits and photo'd them ready to list on eBay.

I've sold one item today, DH has a few going out tonight.

DH is planning on car booting this weekend. Whether I go will depend on how the kids are. Back to work next week, it feels like a big waste of a week off this week, though I have achieved some stuff at home.

Have a good weekend everyone :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    Well it's been car boot city this weekend.

We sold at our usual one yesterday, did quite well, and we've sold at another one today, one we usually buy at but rarely sell at. We've done very well. I came home with the kids, but DH is still there. Lots of stuff gone.

I've had a message on FB about one of the items I was selling. I thought I'd deleted them off there! I'll see if we've still got it once DH comes home before I message them. I'm not going to hold my breath though, too many timewasters before!
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh wow jwil that's fantastic news! I bet you feel physically lighter for that! I hope dh didn't bring anything home with him except a big wad of cash :) Facebook for sale is always such fun. Well done jwil! Xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's brilliant news that you did so much carboot selling today.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    What a productive weekend! What with that + fb + ebay, you are busting through loads of stuff.
    Now I'll go look up what lardy cake is... ;-)
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • jwil
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Oh wow jwil that's fantastic news! I bet you feel physically lighter for that! I hope dh didn't bring anything home with him except a big wad of cash :) Facebook for sale is always such fun. Well done jwil! Xxxx

Thank you :) FB selling is NOT fun, but I eventually got rid of the item :T
    That's brilliant news that you did so much carboot selling today.

Thank you, it's nice to have cleared some stuff and have some cash!
    ftbwannabe wrote: »
    What a productive weekend! What with that + fb + ebay, you are busting through loads of stuff.
    Now I'll go look up what lardy cake is... ;-)

Thank you. It's nice to see the back of stuff!

Lardy cake I think is a west country thing. You don't see it very often any more. It's basically a bread dough layered with fruit, sugar and lard. It's a lot nicer than it sounds!
  • jwil
    Options
    We had a few sales last night, so another 16 parcels posted this morning :T

DH sells a lot of items, but mostly they are so small. They don't take up huge amounts of space (probably why he's managed to accumulate so many!). It all adds up eventually though :D
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was being sarcastic :)
    Hope it's bringing in the benjamin big or small parcels
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • HI jwil

Just caught up on your diary. You put me to shame with all your sales and car boot sales! You are doing a fantastic job. Just think September, October, November and December are the busiest times for ebay so brace yourself for a busy time.

I think it feels amazing when the clutter starts to reduce and the cash comes in.

When I have some time I am going to make myself a cup of coffee and find your old diary, as I think it will be such a good read.

Take care and have a wonderful day.

SNTCC
    Extra Income May £290.92 June £498.00 July £145.61 Aug 2018 £142.68
    Pay off CC3 Sept/Oct 2018 £2112.04 Balance £1712.89
    April 2018 £39,942 Aug 18 £36721.65 PAID £3220.35:j:j:j
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Great amount of sales. I never seem to have much luck on the fb groups either. Did a car boot a while ago, made about £150 and dropped the rest at the charity shop on the way home. I am planning another sort out, to see what we could sell.

Yum to the lardy cake! Never attempted my own, but love to eat it :p
    SPC 076
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family