IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge notice

Tintin91
Tintin91 Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 20 November 2017 at 10:08PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
So a driver drove a friend of mine to their doctors surgery, dropped them off and waited for them in the surgerys car park. When entering inside the surgery you are required to put in your cars registration into a computer so you can park there. But seens as the driver didnt go in the surgery (also this not being their own doctors) didnt even think about it. and also as they were in the car at all times didnt think this would of applied to them, only to people leaving their cars. The driver thought as theyd be in the car all the time, didnt think to read any signs as they didnt think theyd be doing anything wrong. anyway they recieved a parking charge notice from civil enforcement ltd 6days after the date of incident for £100 or £60within 14days. It was addressed to themselves and says nothing about the keeper or the driver. Just that they require payment in accordance with the parking terms and conditions clearly stated on the signage: authorised vehicles only. And images of their car entering and leaving the carpark. They dont know what to do as they cant find any grounds on which to appeal?? Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Are you the car's registered keeper?

Edit your post now to remove all clues to the driver's identity.

E.g. your first sentence should start something like:
    So the driver took a friend of mine to their doctors surgery...

Review your whole post similarly.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked to first read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before posting

Before going there you need to remove details of who was driving from your post

You will find advice on how to deal with this - which needs to be double pronged - get on with an appeal and get the surgery to cancel it
  • KeithP
    Tintin91 wrote: »
    Im new to this how do i edit a post i tryed the + button and it says edit post but wont let me click it??
    Access the forum via a web browser, not some app or other.
  • What grounds could you appeal on?
  • KeithP
    Post #1 still need change.

It was the keeper that received the PCN.

Again, are you the car's registered keeper?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    What grounds could you appeal on?
    Have you read up in the newbies faq on appealing? All set out there!
  • KeithP yes i would be the cars registered keeper
  • Update: so my other post which is the same as this but included my defence and other stuff seems to have disappeared...anyway so following sending of my defence and the questionaire, i recieved a letter from CEL which included their witness statement and a chance to pay a reduced fee of £100 instead of £330. Do i wait until i hear something back from the court or should i be sending off a witness statement now? The last letter i recieved from the court was the questionaire. Im guessing that the offering of a reduced fee could mean good news for me for the outcome...?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Update: so my other post which is the same as this but included my defence and other stuff seems to have disappeared...anyway so following sending of my defence and the questionaire, i recieved a letter from CEL which included their witness statement and a chance to pay a reduced fee of £100 instead of £330. Do i wait until i hear something back from the court or should i be sending off a witness statement now? The last letter i recieved from the court was the questionaire. Im guessing that the offering of a reduced fee could mean good news for me for the outcome...?

You should be following the step by step guide to court in post 2 of the NEWBIES written by a poster called bargepole.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • I have been following the newbies thread but i have only recieved a letter of allocation at my local court (no hearing date) this was about 3 weeks ago since then CEL wrote to me offering to reduce the fine and their WS. I have not heard nothing else from the court no hearing dates.. no end dates for documentation..?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure