Get paid 50p to take 3x 150g blocks of parmigiano reggiano (parmesan) cheese at TESCO

my nearest store Leamington Spa metro has replaced it’s deli with prepacked items and in front of the cheese section there is an offer any 3 cheese for £5 excluding large cheese 450g+ well it just happens to include 150g blocks of parmigiano reggiano (parmesan) and while £5 for 450 grams is a good deal (would cost £10.50 at sticker price) the fact that the deal is not working means if you go to the customer service desk and tell them you were overcharged by £5.50 they will give you double the difference back (you may need to remind them that is their policy though) so you get back £11 after having paid only £10.50 resulting in a nice 50p profit as well as 450g of cheese to enjoy.

Comments

• Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    That is a really good deal however sounds like you are just lucky with that store rather than being more countrywide.

Bear in mind you can grate and then freeze cheese (cheddars, firm mozzerella, hard cheeses, etc - not soft cheeses as have too much water content). Why not buy all their stock you can, grate it, freeze it and use it for the next couple of years?
  • letmelogon3
    letmelogon3 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I’ve often bought 75% off reduced to clear cheese grated and frozen it. In fact at one point the freezer was 1/3 full of grated cheese (7 types if I recall)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure