Oh how I've missed you pegging out - and the Nutella :rotfl:
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    At least you are pegging out!
    I am just pigging out :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    At least you are pegging out!
    I am just pigging out :eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Another 2 weeks has gone by and I have now broken up from work :j, again don't know how I managed it but by some miracle I did!
    I have now been off a full week and I actually do not know how I have time to go to work.
    The girls broke up on Wednesday and thats DD1 finished with Primary School now :(.

The weather has turned awful here, as much as I know we all needed a little break from the heatwave it could at least just rain in the night and not all weekend :rotfl:. Absolutely no pegging out today... even had to use the TD for towels yesterday.

Money wise an expensive month coming up as weve got our holiday and then the uniform to buy. There just hasnt been a free month in the run up to this to put anything aside so this month is taking a massive hit.
    Hoping that from September we will be back on track with a bit more money set aside.

Weve got a quiet-ish week coming up so might crack on and get some surveys done to boost the income a little.

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Always end of an era when they leave primary school and start big school.

You can look at the finances with a fresh head when the new term starts.

Enjoy the school holidays. The sun will return when I'm back at work tomorrow :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You're girls look like they've had some amazing weekends at dance and all other things. I've still been keeping up over there even though I haven't been posting here.

Hope you get some time to relax, you always seem to have something going on

Have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi Mummy.

Hope your enjoying the school hols, I feel as though it has taken me this week to wind down and switch off.

We are the same moneywise, school uniform to buy, holiday and new kitchen going in, hopefully September will be less spendy.

xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

2 posts in 1 day... I'm really spoiling you guys!

So we went shopping for a few holidays bits but didnt get much! Bought DD's some sun glasses and DD1 some flip flops oh and a glue stick for school!!!

Ive just won DD1 a brand new pair of n3xt sandals for £6 incl postage. Haven't found any I like for her within a reasonable price so I'm happy with this.

Ive listed a pair of DD2s old converse so hopefully the cost of these will be offset if DD's sell!

SA, I really hope the sun does come back, I've really enjoyed it! 2.5 weeks until our holidays :D.

WF, weve had a busy but good couple of weeks. Thats it now no more dancing for a couple of weeks which is a relief! Enjoy the holidays with the smalls.

Pennywise, I just haven't had chance to chill out yet, tomorrow is the first real day we have at home. You enjoy your holidays too.

So weve had roast beef and trimmings for tea, we haven't had a roast in ages. DH has also got enough for work and another 2 portions frozen for a later date.

Think thats all xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon diary,

Day 3 of the kids being at home and I already feel like I need to padlock the fridge and cupboards! Last night after a roast beef dinner and an ice cream without us knowing DD2 had been in the fridge and taken a slice of DH's pizza he was keeping for his lunch today. She was told then about taking food without asking as there is just no need for it. This morning since about 10am she has eaten:
    overnight oats, finished off the box of strawberry crisp cereal, beans on toast, fruit winder and an ice lolly and DD1 just told me a chocolate digestive too! Most of this without my knowledge whilst I was upstairs ironing!
    Ive told them both now they need to start asking before they take things as I'm not having it now. I really don't like this approach but I'm not having them overeating on the good stuff :mad:.
    I actually don't know where she puts it, she's like a beanpole. Meanwhile I've had overnight oats and a cup of tea!

Anyway I've caught back up with my ironing this morning, always feel better when I catch back up.

The washing machine is on and I'm just going to have the things over the airer as rain is threatening to start again.

This afternoon I am going to make a cottage pie for tea and a bolognaise for the freezer and just generally keep the house tidy.

Thats about all, hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport