PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Rebekah24
    Rebekah24 Posts: 544 Forumite
    I spent £6 getting bits/whoopsies prior to January, so going to include those in this months

Got some whoopsie cheese, bread, potatoes(for oh) ...some butter, tea, ginger ale etc

Now a bit stuck until 21st..so shall stretch what I have..

Drinks
    Strawberry & Kiwi squash
    Grapefruit squash
    Value sparkling water
    Black tea
    Chocolate truffle tea
    Lemon tea

Food items
    Spread
    Whoopsie bread
    Cheese

Lots of pots of tea's ahead & NSD's! :o
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • toddles*
    toddles* Posts: 362 Forumite
    hi sorry a bit late,

On New Years Eve we finally after a year of trying got our BFP!!! :j:j So my head is all over the place. _pale_ <--- and stomach lol!

can you please put me down for

£300 for January. I need to budget more than ever now.

wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :dance:
    Happy days
  • sharronej
    sharronej Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 January 2011 at 11:30AM
    First spend for me this month - I've re-instated the milk man in an effort to support more local businesses but I'm a bit overwhelmed at the cost so we'll have to see how that goes. I'm going to add the milk money into my spend for the month now at a whopping £40.39! Will add it to sig later because I need a few bits today.

Congratulations Toddles - you seem very excited.....excuse my ignorance but what is a BFP? :D
  • toddles*
    toddles* Posts: 362 Forumite
    sharronej wrote: »
    Congratulations Toddles - you seem very excited.....excuse my ignorance but what is a BFP? :D

Thank you, we are all delighted

Its a BIG FAT POSITIVE (on the pregnancy test) lol. Im so used to all the baby jargon I forget that its not common tongue. sorry
    Happy days
  • Having finally got my Dec receipts sorted :o
    can I please register for Jan.

Can you put me down for £90 again please.

Looking at other posters I know I should be able to come in under this.
  • morning everyone,
    banana muffins cooling at the moment. House smells lovely. May have to taste one for quality control before I give them away.
    Think I will just have scrambled egg and toast for tea tonight as I had an enormous meal yesterday and still feel bloated.
    Off now to do some knitting before I visit friends. Knitting baby clothes as new baby expected in family at end of April.
    It takes a long time to eat an elephant and I'm doing it a bite at a time!!!
  • inamin
    inamin Posts: 122 Forumite
    Congratulations Toddles, hope all goes well.

Well I'll have a go at this challenge, not sure how well I'll do but here goes.

I shop at ALDI usually and shop for 2 adults, and 2 children and 1 dog (:( was 2 dogs until 27th December!) 1 adult has kidney problems so dietry requirement smeans difficult to shop and cook for.

So my budget for Jan is £250 5 week month so bit more than was hoping especially as I have NO money this month. Aaaarrgghh. Will def try some of the recipes if they fit with OH diet requirements. Need to stop wasting food and start freezing more. I used to be sooooo good at this because when the boys were little they never had a jar of baby food everything they ate was home made and I used to spend Sunday's cooking batches of soup, pasta sauce, and various other dishes and freeze them for the babies. As they got older I carried on doing the same but froze in larger tubs to accomodate all of us. Then I went back to work full time and no longer seem to have the time. But I will give it ago. In fact might make some soup this afternoon after shopping so this weeks shop may be more than rest of week but will update you later when I've been.
    Barclays overdraft £1290 :(
    MBNA £3239 :(
    MBNA £4108 :(
    Extra payment a week challenge (started WC 11.5.2015) This week - £0 Total - £0
    £1000 emergency fund - £0/£1000
  • mongmoney
    mongmoney Posts: 174 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning All,
    Happy New Year- let's all keep the motivation and support. Did anyone see DIY SOS? So good to see our community helping someone who truly deserved it. Sometimes we forget how much we need the support of our online friends.
    I am personally glad that 2010 is over, lost an uncle, a cousin-on xmas day, split from my partner of 10 years.
    Starting 2011 with a positive attitude and a belief that things will get better.
    I got some great reductions a a**a on new years eve so the freezer is full. Only the essentials in Jan I hope. My budget is coming down nicely as I develop the sensible habits rather than letting the silly ones win.:T
    Mongy
    Jan GC £28-49/£120 NSD's 15/17
    Dec GC £90-90/£140 NSD's 17/18
    Storms make oaks take deeper root
  • emma-uk
    emma-uk Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 January 2011 at 12:18PM
    Please can I join? There are 2 adults and a my 20 month DS who eats for England and I'd like to set myself a limit of £200 for January. I usually shop at Morrisons for groceries and toiletries and can spend around £70 a week however a shop in Tesco last week of £95 shamed me into admitting that I am spending too much :mad: Add to that the nipping into M&S or Tesco in town for milk or bread and coming out with £15 worth of stuff and a quick view sows I can easily spend £350 a month! I am going to take the money out in advance and keep it in a seperate purse along with the reciepts and whilst I meal plan and write shopping lists I need to be more thorough and not add the extras! Any cash left over will go into a seperate account with the view to save it! MrsM, I am also an avid SW fan but fell off the wagon over the last 2 months and put on what I lost but going back on track now, We are having our first family holiday abroad in September and need to loose a *ahem* considerable amount!

I am off now to write down everything that's in my cupboards and 2 freezers and scour the receipes and get mealplanning!!:)
    2013 wins: Persil Bunny
  • Tulip09
    Tulip09 Posts: 344 Forumite
    I am trying to get my monthly grocery spend down from the current £500+ per month :eek:. I will try to use all the bits i have amassed over the past 3 months and stick to a new budget of £200 per month :o . until the levels of grocery's i have get lower at least.

I have moved my shed freezer into my utility room now so they are easier to get to and moved a fridge also. I have recorded my stock cupboard and a couple of fridges & freezers, so almost there now. (I really need to stop buying for emergencies that i never need)
    Grocery Challenge - Jan £4.42/£200.00

Up my income - £124.00/ £11,000.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family