Help Needed - Market Research

Options
oliversw17
oliversw17 Posts: 11 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 14 June 2019 at 5:42AM in Small biz MoneySaving
Hello,

Now before I start I do wish to put a disclaimer on this as it is a business idea and I am a businessman (but in another industry), the idea I have will help people save money but I am not here to sell anything I am just looking for peoples opinions on the matter.

Now that is over and done with, I'll get to the point. I have recently acquired £40k in unused mint fully gummed postage stamps, they were bought by collectors the world over and sold at a hefty discount to myself, I also have the option to buy on a continual basis from people in the trade. I went travelling to build my business and was offered these as a cross sell which made sense as I do a lot of postage myself.

Whilst I am happy to use the 40k face myself, honestly if I have a continual supply and I can make money and save people a few quid then its a no brainer and thus my dilemma occurs and where I need your help.

If you were to buy as a member of the public what level of discount would entice you to buy? Would you buy first class/second class or just bundles of made up values; or is it something you wouldn't bother with?

**I would like to reiterate, this is not a sales post and I do appreciate any dialogue with people as I feel this potential business is within the values of saving money and this community.

thanking you

Oliversw17

Comments

• nmn
    nmn Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I think you'll have a hard time convincing people that they're not used (but unfranked) stamps that have been steamed off and re-gummed.

That market is quite large on eBay, so you can get some idea of discounting there. It looks like the higher the face value, the less the %discount.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure