Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to read your news.
    As you say you are strong woman :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So sorry to hear MTG, I have loved seeing your posts on Insta. You know I'm only a message away if you need anything!

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm so sorry MTG :(. What an awful shock for you :(.

You sound as if you're coping superbly and making it less difficult for your girls. But do take time for yourself, because it's such early days and you will have many ups and downs.

Do you have your parents or any other family nearby to support you?

I'm so glad you're posting on here again because the people on here are so kind and supportive. I've had so much help from the people who follow my diary after losing my mum, and I know you will too. X
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Thanks Beanie and WF :)

This has made me realise just how many fantastic family, friends, colleagues and neighbours I have. Theres got to be a testament in there somewhere ;) xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Thanks HHOD. Yes I have lots of supportive people backing me every step of the way.

It just came as such a bolt out of the blue, I think I might still be in a bit of shock!

I hope you're ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad you've got lots of support MTG because you'll need it. I'm not surprised you're still in shock, it's such a life changing event.

We'll all be here too to support you when you need it :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Anyway, I'm back! Things will be tight but hoping if I qualify for Universal Credit this will help things. I have applied today but can't see to verify myself as it keeps timing out so will try again tomorrow and ring Monday if needs be.

Sorry to read that life has changed for you and the girls, it is difficult to cope when things are turned upside down but you are strong and amazing and can cope with what life throws at you.

I wouldn't bother with the verification stuff as you have to take all your documents to your first UC appointment anyway I managed to complete verification once with someone which took ages and then they had to take the documents in anyway.

Just click the bit that says I cant verify and get your claim submitted asap.
    You will then have to ring to book an appointment to see your work coach and also take in all your documents etc

If you need any help give me a shout - happy to help with benefits or anything else
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to read your news MTG but glad you're getting some support and back posting.

It's amazing where you get the strength to cope when bad things happen but you just do. Your girls will keep you going.

Look forward to following your new journey. Take care xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Good Morning Diary,

Well I'm up and feeling ok again today. 6.15am seems to be my new get up time though which I'm not too pleased with!! The plus point is getting things organised.

EE, thank you for your support, I may call on you at some point as this is totally new to me. I have managed to verify this morning. Im going to ring tomorrow and book an appointment. Do you know what it entails? I mean I am in work so don't need help finding work or anything.

SA, thank you. Again really appreciate your support.

Thank you to all of you who have come to offer me support, I really do appreciate each and every one of you.

So he will collect the children at 12 as he is taking DD1 to try out a guitar which she would like for Christmas.
    I am going to nip to Mr M's as they have some chocolates on offer and I need some selection boxes too. Trying to keep spending as low as possible for obvious reasons.

Ive taken some sausages out of the freezer so that will be the first full meal I will have cooked us without him here. We have been eating but its been more like chicken pittas, egg on toast etc.

Last week was all over the place and the kids have taken full advantage by not going to bed on time, not listening, not doing homework and I've told them we are getting back on track for next week.

Off to catch up with diaries now xx
    Mummytogirls x

• kim81
    kim81 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I set up an email address for DS. I email him when I am bored at work or he did something interesting that day. I'll give him his password when he needs an email and he will have loads of snippets of him growing up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback