Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • mrtickle
    • By mrtickle 21st Jul 04, 2:55 AM
    • 186 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    mrtickle
    • 21st Jul 04, 2:55 AM
    Re: Plug-in Electricity Meter?
    • 21st Jul 04, 2:55 AM
    Lidl did these a year or so ago, and I bought a couple. They are quite cool, you enter how much a kWh costs in pence and you can read off the running costs as time goes on.

The thing with Lidl though is that unless you go in the same week it's available, you can't get the item and have to wait until they next have it.

See this thread from usenet:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=2l80m7F9a8snU1%40uni-berlin.de&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26scoring%3Dd%26q%3Dlidl%2B%2Bmeter %2Bpower%26btnG%3DSearch

HTH

• ross1701
    • 21st Jul 04, 1:36 PM
    • 21st Jul 04, 1:36 PM
    Ta MrTickle.

Generally I'm not a fan of my local Lidl as nearly all of the good offers have been sold out by the time I can get to it.
    I once went down to get one of their cheap computers and even though I was second in the queue to get in, it was still sold out. >
    I recon that the assistants reserved all of them for themselves or their friends.

The food bit is okay though. Some tasty bargains to be found there
    • mrtickle
    • By mrtickle 22nd Jul 04, 3:04 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    mrtickle
    • 22nd Jul 04, 3:04 PM
    • 22nd Jul 04, 3:04 PM
    Yeah, I read about those meters and raced over there and grabbed them before they were all sold out

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,751Posts Today

7,088Users online

Martin's Twitter