Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • markedgar
    • 30th Jun 03, 3:04 AM
    Re: HOTNEWS
    • 30th Jun 03, 3:04 AM
    It will do because the best Telecom plus rates are never used by the sites!

Look at any Telecom plus site (e.g. www.mobiles-and-more.co.uk) after you know what Atlantic charge and compare.

I think you'll find a difference - and a lower one at that.

PS: Chris/anybody else - I'm not trying to be antagonistic, or clever. Just want to make sure you and everybody else doesn't fall into the trap of believing what these comparison sites tell you as they are misleading.

Mark E

• pakman
    • 1st Jul 03, 12:06 AM
    Not so Hot News
    • 1st Jul 03, 12:06 AM
    The web sites that compare prices do it for a reason.

Hands up who thinks it's just for the good feeling they get from helping people.

The other reason that so many sites offer this service is that there is money to be made out of recomending you to the power companies

Any one with their hands still in the air should use all 6 sites, use the same area that you live in, the same type of payment, the same amount of usage.

If they offer unbiased information they should all recomend the same top 3 in the same order with the same amount of savings

If they don't then ask your selves why they don't.

N.b I haven't tested this myself, so I am willing to be proved wrong.

Pak
    • theloft
    • By theloft 14th Jul 04, 9:35 PM
    • 1,690 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    theloft
    • 14th Jul 04, 9:35 PM
    • 14th Jul 04, 9:35 PM
    I totally agree with pakman on this, there are masses of sites offering price comparisons and mostly you get a different answer. ! What baffles me is why on earth chris o'shea 710 called this HOT NEWS when this information has been available on other posts for months!!
    • COS
    • By COS 14th Jul 04, 10:02 PM
    • 547 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    COS
    • 14th Jul 04, 10:02 PM
    • 14th Jul 04, 10:02 PM
    I totally agree with pakman on this, there are masses of sites offering price comparisons and mostly you get a different answer. ! What baffles me is why on earth chris o'shea 710 called this HOT NEWS when this information has been available on other posts for months!!
    Bungalow is more apt than Theloft, nothing up top ;D, the answer lies with the date of the posting ;D Doh
    • theloft
    • By theloft 14th Jul 04, 10:06 PM
    • 1,690 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    theloft
    • 14th Jul 04, 10:06 PM
    • 14th Jul 04, 10:06 PM
    To COS What a lettuce !! You are quite right I didn't notice it was a year old! Still I don' think it was HOT NEWS even then! : : :
  • RIP1
    • 19th Jul 04, 2:22 PM
    • 19th Jul 04, 2:22 PM
    USwitch are the worst for comparisons and what they can get out of it!!

They will only tell you the companies with top ratings and you need to click on all companies to get all prices. The thing is you request to base the comparsion on price and not rating but they still base it on ratings!

Strange then the companies that are the cheapest you need to "enquire" and not "apply"!

Definately check a few sites first
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,969Posts Today

7,625Users online

Martin's Twitter