Help me choose a Global Fund?

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 August 2018 at 12:38PM
    40% is the sweet spot.

In which case something with about 80pc equities exposure might suit you. If you are on HL then probably the discounted Blackrock Consensus 85. Or move to Vanguard Investor and maybe VLS80 for slightly lower fees. But then HL currently have an exit charge so do the maths on the payback period...

Alex
  • Thanks Alex!

I've noted 22.93% of Consensus 85 is invested in Black Rock UK equities. Is it leaving me open to higher risk with Brexit?

Thanks for your help,
    Alex
  • bostonerimus
    bostonerimus Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I guess 40%? I'm looking for a fund to see me through the next decade (obviously I'll change when required).

40% is the sweet spot.

Thanks,
    Alex :beer:

So rather than a Global equity fund you want a multi-asset fund with global equities inside it. You say you want one with 60% equities. So knock off all the funds from your list that don't meet those criteria and choose from what's left. It probably won't make much difference what you choose.
    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
  • So rather than a Global equity fund you want a multi-asset fund with global equities inside it. You say you want one with 60% equities. So knock off all the funds from your list that don't meet those criteria and choose from what's left. It probably won't make much difference what you choose.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is the Vanguard LS100 counted as a multi asset fund? Or is it more accurate to say it is a global equities fund, and only the other levels count as multi asset?
  • ruthcain1
    ruthcain1 Posts: 27 Forumite
    No advice to give but watching replies on here with interest. I have some equities in Latin American and Asian (excl Japan) funds which appear to be underperforming and also have quite a complex portfolio for an inexperienced person, so could do with a good global fund recommendation to get me through the rough times I suspect are coming for UK employees.
  • Architas 2046-50 Fund above, has the below top 10, with excellent growth similar to the other global funds posted in the previous posts:

BlackRock iShares North American Equity Index Class L 27.61%
    BlackRock iShares UK Equity Index Class L 23.16%
    BlackRock iShares Continental European Equity Index Class L 9.55%
    BlackRock iShares Emerging Markets Equity Index Class L 8.72%
    BlackRock iShares Global Property Securities Equity Index Class L 8.23%
    Vanguard Global Small-Cap Index - 6.40%
    BlackRock iShares Japan Equity Index Class L 4.78%
    BlackRock iShares Pacific ex Japan Equity Index Class L 2.38%
    Vanguard U.K. Inflation-Linked Gilt Index Gross 2.01%
    UBS ETF CMCI Composite SF UCITS ETF (USD) A-acc - 1.94%
  • Rollinghome
    Rollinghome Posts: 2,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is the Vanguard LS100 counted as a multi asset fund? Or is it more accurate to say it is a global equities fund, and only the other levels count as multi asset?
    Not a dumb question if you don't know. It aims to be 100% invested in global equites by holding a portfolio of Vanguard passive funds - with the option of holding some equities directly. So as it holds just a single "asset class", equities, it's not "multi-asset" as are the other LS funds, but a global equity fund of funds.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 August 2018 at 5:10PM
    Yes it's part of a multi asset series but don't let definitions distract your thinking the most important thing is you know what's in it. These fund series do tend to have a UK bias (UK global cap weighting is nearer 5%) to appeal to UK investors.

Given such a high percentage of UK company earnings are generated overseas its not as UK heavy as it looks but if you want one with more of a market cap weighting (ie probably more USA) look at the HSBC All World (for 100% equities inc emerging markets) or HSBC Global Strategy mixed asset fund series.

Alex
  • A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Fidelity Multi Asset Allocator funds are another that do not have a bias to the FTSE 100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure