Driving instructor charging for scrape on car

Comments

• It is an audi. I have never heard of all the trouble we have had this week like advising a student to put in for test then saying near the time he will not let her sit it in his car unless she passes a mock test with him which then resulted in more lessons as she was nervous around him.
    This charging for scrape. We are so pleased to not have to go with him anymore but don't know where we stand with the scrape charge.
    My husband says he is a robbing b and is fuming and says not getting a penny more from us. We have paid over £1000 in lessons in about 6 months
  • Nobbie1967
    Nobbie1967 Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Katiemay26 wrote: »
    She has had to do 2 he lessons at a time at a cost of £44 per lesson. She has had an extra 6 hrs of lessons this week as he was going to stop her sitting test in his car

It sounds like he had a justified concern about letting her drive the car without him in it given that she damaged it when on test. However £400 is over the top when it can probably be refurbed for £75.
  • markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 9:01PM
    It is an audi. I have never heard of all the trouble we have had this week like advising a student to put in for test then saying near the time he will not let her sit it in his car unless she passes a mock test with him which then resulted in more lessons as she was nervous around him.
    This charging for scrape. We are so pleased to not have to go with him anymore but don't know where we stand with the scrape charge.
    My husband says he is a robbing b and is fuming and says not getting a penny more from us. We have paid over £1000 in lessons in about 6 months

how old is the car, and your hubby is right.
    also report him to TS
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • Jog on and add her straight to the CUE database. Good luck with her getting insurance.

How on Earth is it going to cause the daughter to be added to CUE's? It's the driving instructors insurance not the daughters.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    How on Earth is it going to cause the daughter to be added to CUE's? It's the driving instructors insurance not the daughters.

She was driving.
  • She is a student though with a driving instructor and does not have insurance of her own at that point. I thought while a student is learning with an instructor it is there responsibility. You just sound mean to be making a comment like that as though she deserves trouble getting insured for a scrape on a wheel
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I would not pay him anything.

Worst he can do it take you to small claims court. If the very worse happens and you lose (which I doubt) then all you have to do is pay up then, you won't have lost anything apart from your time to defend and show up.
  • kirmal12
    kirmal12 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I think he needs to find himself a new job, surely a little damage is part of the course?. He'd be getting !!!!!! all out of me and how can he prove it was her when it comes down to it?. Unless he has real evidence tell him to get lost. Shouldn't he be pleased she's passed?
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    She is a student though with a driving instructor and does not have insurance of her own at that point. I thought while a student is learning with an instructor it is there responsibility. You just sound mean to be making a comment like that as though she deserves trouble getting insured for a scrape on a wheel

What’s mean about it? If he claims and says she was driving she’ll be on the insurance database as having an at fault incident/accident.

What do you think any insurance company will make of that is it’s not declared when she is added to a policy or takes out her own?

Surely negotiation and a smart repair off the books is worth consideration.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    She passed with only 3 minors. So pleased for her but this has put a dampener on it.

You hit the kerb you fail, couldn’t have been her then
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport