Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Neil 0303
    • By Neil 0303 24th Oct 17, 5:33 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Neil 0303
    Special Guardian csa payments
    • #1
    • 24th Oct 17, 5:33 PM
    Special Guardian csa payments 24th Oct 17 at 5:33 PM
    Ok so about 5 years ago my ex decided it would be a good idea to disappear with my son. I couldn't find them for around 12 months until I got a call from the social services saying that my son and his half sister had been removed from my ex's care and were about to be put in the care of their "grandmother" (not blood related). I had to go along with it all as it was already set in stone. I have been paying maintenance ever since, however I have heard that I shouldn't be paying anything as my boy is in the care of a special guardian and his mother isn't paying anything. I find this odd but I can't find anyone who will give me a straight answer. Any help will be much appreciated.
Page 1
    • noodledoodle78
    • By noodledoodle78 25th Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    • 214 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    • #2
    • 25th Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    • #2
    • 25th Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    Is the child a ward of court?
    If so no payment is due.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No. 286
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

609Posts Today

7,176Users online

Martin's Twitter