Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • jimrd123
    • By jimrd123 8th Nov 17, 5:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Monument ppi claim
    • #1
    • 8th Nov 17, 5:03 PM
    Monument ppi claim 8th Nov 17 at 5:03 PM
    Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me on this.
    I would like to submit a ppi claim for a monument credit card which I had but I don't have an address where I can send the claim to.
    Does anyone have an address for monument ?
    Many thanks
Page 1
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 8th Nov 17, 5:11 PM
    • 35,935 Posts
    • 46,287 Thanks
    • #2
    • 8th Nov 17, 5:11 PM
    • #2
    • 8th Nov 17, 5:11 PM
    You need to submit a complaint, not a claim.

    Have you tried googling it.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • good cooker
    • By good cooker 13th Nov 17, 3:06 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    good cooker
    • #3
    • 13th Nov 17, 3:06 PM
    Monument Card
    • #3
    • 13th Nov 17, 3:06 PM
    Monument was a Barclays product: when they bought Providian, they rebranded the card as Monument. I'm just trying to find out whether I had PPI on my Monument card, ca 2003. I used Barclays website PPI complaint page, & followed that up with my own letter which has all the detail that I do have, as the online form didn't allow option of providing detail such as, the enquiry is specifically about Monument card, &c.
    good luck
    • Bumble99
    • By Bumble99 21st Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • #4
    • 21st Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    • #4
    • 21st Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    I am in a similar situation - I used to have a Monument card.
    I can see on old statements that I was charged a "Payment Break Plan".
    Is that the same as PPI?
    Can I claim under PPI or just complain about the charge?
    I've been self employed most of my adult life and quite sure I shouldn't have been charged.
    Anybody knows?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 21st Nov 17, 8:25 PM
    • 16,360 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    • #5
    • 21st Nov 17, 8:25 PM
    • #5
    • 21st Nov 17, 8:25 PM
    You can put in a complaint if you feel you were mis sold.

    However, most policies covered the self employed, so don't rely on that if it's not a valid reason.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,323Posts Today

7,186Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke?

  • No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr?

  • Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R?

  • Follow Martin