Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Trying me best 21
    • By Trying me best 21 30th Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Trying me best 21
    Ex has up and moved
    • #1
    • 30th Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    Ex has up and moved 30th Oct 17 at 11:27 AM
    Hi , completely new too this but hoping for some advice , I have struggled with my ex for years , he's had two contact orders put in place and changed them within months of being given them (over four years ) then I had too apply too the courts too take them aboard on hols as he refused permission 8 months ago (which he asked for extra contact that was given by me ) (I have no desire too stop contact just would like consisitincy ) and then April he talked my eldest into moving in with him and his wife due to exams and it being more peaceful (which I agreed ) too then completely turn him against me ...and then move too Middle East stopping all child support (that's the only reason he had my son (he claims child for child and I'm a lazy cow ) now I'm not being greedy given there 75k wage and would just like the sum cms stated of 300 . It's not a REMO country , his wife is still here in the uk with my son (so I'm still liable for cms ) and I quite possibly will be loosing my house due to the now short fall in rent ! I do work I work 16 hours in school time as all other jobs I've had he's interfered with and am looking for extra work also but with the universal credit wait and no child support this I struggle with . My question I suppose is if I apply too the courts will they even consider a application from me without him being here ? And although not enforceable in his country could I with hold it here ? my son who lives with him is 17 looks after himself and earns a wage between school , I have no problem helping support him , but my youngest is 7 and takes a lot more arranging etc and limits my jobs ...please no bashing I just need some help to keep a roof over our heads X
Page 1
    • missmontana
    • By missmontana 11th Nov 17, 6:02 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 1,918 Thanks
    • #2
    • 11th Nov 17, 6:02 PM
    • #2
    • 11th Nov 17, 6:02 PM
    I would seek legal advice, or at least go to Citizens advice.

    If the wife is still here, then he's probably still considered a resident of this country rather than the one he's working in? or are they planning n moving out there too?
    Be who you are, say what you feel, those who mind don't matter, those who matter don't mind.
    They say that talking to yourself is a sign of mental illness. So I talk to the cats instead.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,696Posts Today

7,524Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with?

  • So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA?

  • Facebook giving evidence I believe just said "mr lewis said there are 50 ads, but we checked and found 1,000s".?

  • Follow Martin