Good lord, RT, how did you do that :T

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Wonderful!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning! A planned day off today, though there are a few bits I want to do:
    - neighbour's green bin will be collected tomorrow, so I really want to finish filling that.
    - write out a few more Christmas cards, even though its a day off - there are some very dear friends I haven't got to yet.
    - it's sunshiney here, get a bit of time outside of the house, though I won't be going on my council-run walk, I need to be able to respond to however I feel, after the intensity of yesterday :)

- phone calls to brother and sister, and a bit of plotting for the year ahead :)
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely time with your nephew and his family. Did you get a ride in the Tesla?! :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Options
    Nope, it was only mentioned as being looked after by my brother while my nephew's on holiday, that's how different he was from how I'd heard :) though it's such a famous car, I definitely want a photo for the archives :D
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your plotting!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Christmas hols is always a good time for plotting i'd say!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Absolutely! Right now, I'm plotting/daydreaming about renovating the kitchen :):):) I've recently found out about larder cupboards, and I lurve them, but unless one went perfectly onto my party wall, there's no space. The wall that my kitchen table is on - there's a radiator there too, and to get any storage space at all, I need really shallow wall cabinets. Like, 20cm shallow. Enter Ikea bathroom cabinets: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/bathroom-storage/lill%C3%A5ngen-wall-cabinet-white-art-40240791/
    21cm. Three, or even four, of those, would be great. I'm definitely amassing information/ plotting at the moment though :D
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    love a bit of plotting. We hoping to do our kitchen next year too.
    CRx
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi CR! Please put some of the plotting on your thread, I'm new to new kitchens, so its all very mysterious ...

Right, my list of 14 things to do before New Year has four ticks, but one is reinstated, because my lovely neighbour has offered me his green bin again, after it's emptied this morning. This speeds up the process of doing my hedges by about 1000%, so I'm really happy. I've got a nice bottle of wine for him in my supermarket delivery tomorrow, so I must also find some savoury snacks to go with. Got at least a fortnight to fill the bin, so thats fine.

Otherwise - two ticks on the list *must* be achieved this morning, the cards and the (four) notes. Looks like I'm squeaking in to 2nd class, thats good, though I have one birthday card that had better go 1st class. After I shut down the forum, I'm not coming on again till I've finished them, I *have* to get them done.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I've done the cards and the notes :j
    I've even done an extra card for one of the cousins who took part in causing the family mayhem of the last few years, who's now decided to send me her address. Just going to put the stamps on, waltz off to the postbox, and I'm good.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure