PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

I wondered if anyone could offer some advice - I had 3 claims - 1) egg paid out without even asking a question! 2) halifax paid after a little bit of messing about ( but not much ) and i'm now left with MBNA ( virgin credit card).

Its gone all the way to the questionnaire and now they are apparantly saying that as I ticked the box online ( so they say) then they have rejected the claim. They said a letter came to me advising thsi last mont - which I havent had - and the ywill now send me a copy...

I am waiting for this letter to confirm this and then it will go to the ombudsman - I have kept the copy questionaaire, plus the claim is already lodged with the ombudsman from months ago.

I wondered if anyone had been through this and still ultimately had success - and what chance is there via teh opmbudsman - do they fair well in getting these decisions overturned? Its about £2k and im not working so would be very handy!!

I am grateful for any comments

Thanks everyone

Hiya

Well done with your success so far.:beer:

Sorry to hear about MBNA.
    However in regards of it being an online purchase - its possible it was one that you had to opt out of, so it was pre-ticked, in these instances I understand that customers would have then assumed it was all part of the package.
    It's also known that with some online purchases, the form would not allow you to go any further unless ppi was opted for if you know what I'm saying.

If this was the final decision, then as you are aware you can now complain to the FOS, some will give the opportunity to write with further information to reconsider, good luck with this.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Niggly wrote: »
    No Name (not me) but been helping an FP customer with 3 loans each consolidating the other. Full value of the redress a shade over £50k:eek::eek::eek::eek::j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:T:money::money::money::money:.

What a day

Niggly:beer:

WOW :eek::eek: that is a fantastic huge amount, nice one!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Niggly_2
    Niggly_2 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    WOW :eek::eek: that is a fantastic huge amount, nice one!:beer:

As you would expect though the offer on the last loan was not up to my expectations re the future payments should reduce by the ppI. Looks like a bit more should be coming there way.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • IANC
    IANC Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    Niggly wrote: »
    As you would expect though the offer on the last loan was not up to my expectations re the future payments should reduce by the ppI. Looks like a bit more should be coming there way.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I take it they were large loans :eek:

Without giving too much away, can you give rough dates and amounts just out of interest :D
    I'm a secret crime fighter ;)
    24710274 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

I wondered if anyone could offer some advice - I had 3 claims - 1) egg paid out without even asking a question! 2) halifax paid after a little bit of messing about ( but not much ) and i'm now left with MBNA ( virgin credit card).

Its gone all the way to the questionnaire and now they are apparantly saying that as I ticked the box online ( so they say) then they have rejected the claim. They said a letter came to me advising thsi last mont - which I havent had - and the ywill now send me a copy...

I am waiting for this letter to confirm this and then it will go to the ombudsman - I have kept the copy questionaaire, plus the claim is already lodged with the ombudsman from months ago.

I wondered if anyone had been through this and still ultimately had success - and what chance is there via teh opmbudsman - do they fair well in getting these decisions overturned? Its about £2k and im not working so would be very handy!!

Thanks everyone
    Hi there my names dave i had a virgin c/c and an mbna c/c both my compliants were turned down because i had "ticked the box" they even sent me copys of the agreements to show me, although above and below the tick boxes in bold writing they Strongly recommended i take out the ppi! Even though i followed there advice they said that i had asked for the ppi so that was that !
    Both claims are now with FOS so will see what happens , there now seems to be alot of people being turned down by MBNA for this , d ont give in go to FOS if its there final response .
    Good luck dave
  • lostcount
    lostcount Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks everyone
    I had the same letter that as I had not replied to a letter from them for more info and that I had tick the box and signed it. They are not upholding my complaint. Surprise I did not receive a letter from them.

So I sent a rather straight to the point e-mail stating this with a couple of quotes from the FSA.

The firm should not reject a complainant's account of events solely on the basis that the complainant signed documentation relevant to the purchase of the policy.

Also;

The firm should not reject a complainant because the complainant failed to exercise the right to cancel the policy.

Also let them know I have passed this onto the FOS. Now it's a waiting game.
  • leondp
    leondp Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys

I need your expert help, I have been in contact with Barclaycard since 2009 for PPI miss sell today I received a phonecall to say they would be sending me an offer, great I thought. I asked how much and she said 67 pounds, I said I have been with you since 2001 and my balance has been 5000 pounds for most of that time ?? It works out I changed my card in 2008 after I paid the balance in full and then cancelled my PPI. They are now claiming they have no record of my account prior to this.

I have tonight scrolled through credit reports but I cant see the account number, I have checked my Lloyds online statments and I can see I paid them a standing order every month for 200 pounds since 2001, but there is no referance number for the account. I have also had a SAR from them but its not on there. So basically if I cannot find the account number, I cannot claim. Can anyone tell me where I can find this account number ???
    Debt Free in 2010 ??? Fingers Crossed:cool:
  • LynK_3
    LynK_3 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    Rae115 wrote: »
    is this right hbos as in halifax have not been given the extension.

they have told me they have been :eek: and even state so in their letters to me.

Anything from Barclays Rae?
    I rang them yesterday and actually spoke to someone after holding 33mins (had to give up on Thurs after 1hr 24 mins, and Friday after 54mins). still unable to locate my details so no further forward. I have some statements showing PPI adding up tp £700ish but I am missing a lot and know I paid them much more, some months I was paying £25 odd and this was in 1996!
  • Rae115
    Rae115 Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    sunny8 wrote: »
    Hi Di,
    This is right, i emailed clydesdales ceo 3 times...i sent this last one on friday:

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you for the third time with regards to PPI complaints.

Since writing to you i have had no response from your company at all. I can appreciate that this is a busy time, however, this should not be an excuse for being non respondent.

I will again, await your response within the next 5 working days before contacting the FOS and FSA.

Kind Regards[/B]

Guess what....got an email back at 5pm tonight from a lady responding to my emails that i had sent to David Thoburn & wanting more info ;)
    i sent an email back to state again that i have been mis sold in the past...i will wait & see what happens next:D..
    so like di says..try, then try again...my god di..you guys are learning me good!!!:rotfl::rotfl: i would of never had the confidence to do any of this before..i feel like that Erin Brocknovitch these last few weeks!!lolol:rotfl::rotfl: (think thats how you spell it!! hahaha) xx

Sunny just also wanted to say thanks - i too sent a copy of this lovely email to cc company last night a little after 11 to the ceo and received a call from customer relations - i wont say any more as i dont wanna jinx i but will let u all know in time.

THANKS
  • Rae115
    Rae115 Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    hi lynk cass should be back tomorrow. i had 2 other letter from b card today giving a date of 19 sept. the only thing 1 had a new reference and the other i have ahd previous correson it. Could it be thye have done a search and found another card for me. that makes 4 different references????????
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback