Farmfoods, more bargains.

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,492
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    EstherH wrote: »
    Thank you, tessie bear.

I buy the Nikki loo rolls when I go there. Tend to stock up on them to use a money off coupon. Don't go then for months till I need more. We don't eat a lot of frozen stuff except veg.
    Esther

Am I right that the coupons now only allow for a minimum £50 spend? Didn't they used to be some for £25?

I never spend that much in Farmfoods. I like their frozen veg but don't have enough freezer space t stock up that much.
  • Sirloin steaks (2 in a vacpac) from the refrigerated section £5. These were beautifully lean. Cut them up very thinly for steak fajitas. Delicious, not chewy, will be getting some more.
    Also 2 packs of Chicken fillets (fresh) for £5, can't remember the weight but again very good value.
    My OH is a massive fan of the frozen dessert section for her kids treats..... Well impressed.
    All my shopping now takes place at Aldi/FF and 95 pence stores.
    Previously (when I was working) I only shopped at Sainsburys and Asda........don't think I will ever return......:rotfl:
  • EstherH
    EstherH Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    Am I right that the coupons now only allow for a minimum £50 spend? Didn't they used to be some for £25?

I never spend that much in Farmfoods. I like their frozen veg but don't have enough freezer space t stock up that much.

Hi Maman,

Yes it did use to be £2.50 off a £25 spend and then the £5 off £50 etc.

I only realised it had gone up when I went last time. I now have enough toilet roll for months. I didn't have enough freezer space either.

Esther xx
    Second purse £101/100
    Third purse. £500 Saving for Christmas 2014
    ALREADY BANKED:
    £237 Christmas Savings 2013
    Stock Still not done a stock check.
    Started 9/5/2013.
  • maman
    Forumite
    EstherH wrote: »
    Hi Maman,

Yes it did use to be £2.50 off a £25 spend and then the £5 off £50 etc.

I only realised it had gone up when I went last time. I now have enough toilet roll for months. I didn't have enough freezer space either.

Esther xx

Thanks. I'm glad it wasn't me imagining it!
    Sirloin steaks (2 in a vacpac) from the refrigerated section £5. These were beautifully lean. Cut them up very thinly for steak fajitas. Delicious, not chewy, will be getting some more.

I was in there today (getting kitchen roll) and I've bought some today on your recommendation. I was thinking of using them for stir-fry but they look so nice I might just have steak!!

Disappointed to see Branston Beans gone up to 39p.:(
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,184
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Packs of 9 Rocky Caramel bars selling at 3 x packs for £1.00.
    Packs of 4x Heinz Tomato Soup are £2.00.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,123
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    B&M is also full of the Heinz tomato soup same price.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    peewhyeff wrote: »
    Are these individually wrapped? I'm always on the lookout for sugar hits I can keep in my handbag as I rarely get a chance to stop until 3.30pm. A welcome boost to my afternoon caffeine fix :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,184
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Yes, the rocky bars are individually wrapped.

Forgot to mention the large sliced loaves. The brand is Bakers Pride and they are made by HOVIS. They cost £1.30 for any 2 loaves...mix and match.....bròwn, white, medium and thick.
  • peewhyeff wrote: »
    Packs of 4x Heinz Tomato Soup are £2.00.

Brilliant, thanks I stocked up on the Rocky bars and 4pk of Hnz Chicken soup (now the weather is getting colder, just the ticket). Thanks for the tip off!
  • maman
    Forumite
    edited 8 October 2014 at 1:32PM
    Sorry not posting a bargain but a bit of a moan.

The Farmfoods flyer came through today and frozen veg (well those advertised) is now 79p for a 750g bag. It may not apply to all but 3 for £2 was such a good buy and many bags were still 1kg.

I find myself buying less and less in FF so rarely use the vouchers:(.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback