Mary Berry Christmas Cake Mix - Tesco's - NOW £2!!

Comments

• pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    My cake is ready, smells delicious, looks a lovely golden brown colour, just waiting for it to cool, then I may just have to tuck into it, I can always make another.
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    My cake is ready, smells delicious, looks a lovely golden brown colour, just waiting for it to cool, then I may just have to tuck into it, I can always make another.

Princesswoo - your dedication is truly amazing, forcing yourself to try the cake just to make sure it's good enough for all us MSE'ers to rush out & buy it! :rotfl:

Enjoy :T
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • pretzelnut
    Mumto2 wrote: »
    Princesswoo - your dedication is truly amazing, forcing yourself to try the cake just to make sure it's good enough for all us MSE'ers to rush out & buy it! :rotfl:

Enjoy :T

Well I try my best to be a good MSE'r :D

Its nice and soft too, think the bero one is now 2nd, as that one is a bit firm even with all the extra brandy.
  • My bag states ''best beforefeb 2012'' which means you can still cook it after this date and it should still be fine.
    Brilliant - thanks for that, I'll try and track one down before the 5th Dec.
  • My bag states ''best beforefeb 2012'' which means you can still cook it after this date and it should still be fine.

I can't wait to see the pic of it :j
    Get Appletv2 & XBMC in and thank me later :beer:
  • Yum - I might see if i can get one of these - i love xmas cake!
  • pretzelnut
    Malaga0034 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the pic of it :j

I cant post pics, well I refuse to as I dont do photobucket.

And Ihave already cut it into 4 smaller round cakes, using a pastry cutter and a knife, had to be careful as its not a firm cake, and didnt want it falling apart with all the fruit in it. as I had some small cake boards lying around, and theres 4 sets of grandparents, so will make them 1 each.

Obviously there were some bits left over and I will say they were mighty yummy, and very filling, so I was glad I cut it down, otherwise the grandparents would have been eating it for month's.
  • BOBBIs_MUMMY
    BOBBIs_MUMMY Posts: 850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 November 2011 at 5:53PM
    This is what you're looking for in Mr T's just hope mine looks as good as hers once its cooked and decorated!!!;);)

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268727853
  • pretzelnut
    This is what you're looking for in Mr T's just hope mine looks as good as hers once its cooked and decorated!!!;);)

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268727853

Cant see why not, mine came out looking like that, and im no cake baker, the marzipan on the top hides the rounded bit where its risen slightly, and royal icing is easy.
  • my mumused to have to make a 'trial' cake as my pa couldnt wait until chrimbo to have a slice!

Mum and I only made 1 between us this year as pa has diabetes now so couldn't eat one herself but I may just get one of these mixes and whip up a quick one for the Christmas Eve (well 23rd this year) buffet at work
    If my words are missing letters then please excuse me....my keyboard is a tad dodgy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure