Mother's Day in Scotland

Options
fluffynit
fluffynit Posts: 11,339 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Thanks for that info!

I knew about the castle last year..but not about the butterfly world and ikea, might just give them a buzz to find out if they are doing it again

fluffynit

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Not a freebie but a Mother's Day trail laid out at Edinburgh Zoo

:)
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not a freebie but a Mother's Day trail laid out at Edinburgh Zoo

:)

do you think they'd agree to take my mum for the day and keep her caged up?
    Blah
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wouldn't mind doing this myself if I had anywhere to stay :rolleyes:
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Cat72
    Cat72 Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Options
    How old do the children need to be, im 33 ? I love edinburgh zoo but is really to expensive nowadays ( probably was when I was younger but I never knew as I was not paying !).I loved the penguin walk. I prefer the Safari park at stirling as I think its a bit cheaper plus the animals look happier.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Cat72, the day to go to Edinburgh Zoo is New Year's Day as its free then ;)

We also went one Christmas Day and it was lovely but no restaurant open only the outdoor snack bit so we had to go and sit in the Monkey House to have a drink and keep warm!

If we decide to go on Mother's Day you can come and be one of my children :) but you might have to put up with Glad and family tagging along :(
  • Cat72
    Cat72 Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the offer ! Did not know that about New years day - so thanks might pop along this year .Will just wrap up well, but spending the day with the monkeys sounds fun to me...... you can see now that your invite might not have been the best idea in the world !!
  • fluffynit
    fluffynit Posts: 11,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sent a very nice email to Butterfly World enquiring if mums get free entry on Sunday...the reply (exact)

"No - we are not doing that deal!
    Naomi"

Somewhat rather blunt I thought!

fluffynit
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh well, we won't be going there then :(

I haven't heard back from Edinburgh Castle yet and was thinking tonight that perhaps I should try again and tell them I want to post the offer here for maximum exposure :eek:

Last year it was Scotland v France at Murrayfield and the Castle was heaving with French guys when we first arrived which made it even more entertaining!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure