PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,
    My halo slipped this weekend as we had dinner at cafe r0uge on Saturday. I had a veg tagine with couscous and apple tart. Then yesterday we had nephews 18th meal. I chose the roast beef but there was cake back at the house. Good thing was I drove both times, so only Diet Coke consumed.

Back on the wagon today.
    B - Apple, 2 satsuma
    L - butternut soup, firecracker chicken, lettuce, sprinkling of cheese, melon pot
    D - HM veg soup (made from leftover crudit!s), thin bagel
    S - whitw0rth shot

Have a good evening
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,762 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2 lbs off this week for me please Knit Witch
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Challenging behaviour in clients family this week....tonight currently calm has descended...roast chicken and roast potatoes calm the savage beasts.....but probably fatten me!
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm checking with that pesky +2lb again
    I knew that a weekend of eating everything plus takeaway and dd's cake would take its toll.
    There is still cake in the fridge but I'm trying really hard to resist as we will be having takeaway probably this Sunday so trying damage limitation!

B lf Greek yog and banana
    L 2 slice wlm bread tin of makeral salad
    D spag and meatballs, sprinkle of cheese
    P 1 small mochi cake ( red bean my dd's favourite!)
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi all,
    After the blow out of the weekend, I've been trying to get back on track. Soup lunch at work yesterday and tried a T0m Kerridge chicken recipe last night which was delicious. Today I've had:

B - Apple, large pot of mixed melon
    L - butternut squash soup, lettuce, sprinkling of cheese, sun bites
    D - stir fry
    S - whitworths shot

Tomorrow night we are out for a three course dinner. I've chosen soup, hake and Eton mess. Then on Saturday DH and I are going for afternoon tea in London which was a Mother's Day gift from DS1 last year! Will weigh in on Saturday morning as usual but think I will be lucky to STS as I feel bloated.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hmmm...I was wondering whether instead of weighing myself, I should count the wrinkles on my tummy....there are more and more so I must be less there! Really looks like a deflating balloon.......
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hmmm...I was wondering whether instead of weighing myself, I should count the wrinkles on my tummy....there are more and more so I must be less there! Really looks like a deflating balloon.......
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm on another STS this week :eek:
    We're off on a week's holibobs in Valencia tomorrow, so not holding out much hope of any loss next week :( I'll try to be good and do loads of walking to compensate for the food and wine though ;)

Hope you all have a great week

Hasta luego
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Enjoy the holiday lynnejk :)

Reporting a STS for this week please KnitWitch, which is a miracle given I've been out for dinner three times and there has been cake. I tried to make up for this by being good on the other days.

Today DH and I are out for afternoon tea in London (a gift from DS1 from Mother's Day last year). Tomorrow we will visit both our Mums and there will be cake, then I'm on a residential with work Monday and Tuesday, so lord knows what I will eat there !!

Have a good weekend all,
    Coxy
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    I'm on another STS this week :eek:
    We're off on a week's holibobs in Valencia tomorrow, so not holding out much hope of any loss next week :( I'll try to be good and do loads of walking to compensate for the food and wine though ;)

Enjoy yourself :)

I was very down and depressed due to my drug allergy and fluid retention but I think this weekend I've turned a corner as I've a lot more enthusiasm so I've decided to give the kitchen a 'birthday' clean. Just finished the cupboards so I'm having a short rest before I do more.

The weight has started to go down again but I've still 12lb to go before I'm at my pre-op weight, hopefully some of it will be the retained fluid but a takeaway last night wont help one bit.

Knit Witch would it be possible to add me to the list again as I need some incentive/goal not to put on any more weight. I think there are 3 weigh-ins before the next challenge so could you put me down for a target of 5lb. Thanks.
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm calling a STS this week, as one day this week I'm sure I weighed the same as before!

We had a free roast beef dinner at work this week; trouble is it was on 'all fruit Thursday!'. Compromise-I had one plated up for me, took it home and shared it with hubby. He had 2/3 of it, and I ate most of the veg, so not too bad (it was gurt lush!).

I am fully aware of why I'm not losing anything, as it's so cold and dreary and my evening snacks are calling me. (Calling me weak-willed, I expect). I think to myself that I'm not going to eat chocolate/cake/cheese/biscuits and virtuously eat an orange, then 10 minutes later go and eat chocolate!

I'm still hovering between a pound or so either side of the stone mark, just can't get it down unfortunately. I've still managed to keep the nearly a stone off that I lost but I would like my clothes to be a bit looser. Oh well, onwards and upwards, as they say.

Happy Saturday everyone x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport