IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP parking ticket assistance needed

Hi all,

I appreciate this is not new to a lot of you but would value you some directed aid as I am struggling with this and don't want to pay unfairly.

Here are the details in brief and then happy to post letters etc as required.

1. Parked in an NCP car park back in December.
2. Attempted to make payment at card machine, which appeared to process payment ask for pin etc. Assumed it had gone through as machine does not issue a ticket. (Was not the only person confused by this on this day either!)

3. Received a letter with pics from NCP. I ignored.
4. Received a second letter from NCP, ignored again.
5. Received Debt Collectors letter from TRACE wanting £160, googled and searched on MSE.
6. Found template letter on MSE forum, sent to NCP.

I have now had a response from "NCP" saying that this with debt collectors and we are past the point of appeal. Also received a 2nd letter from TRACE to pay up the fee.

Have been searching through the very helpful forum but I am now not sure on my next step if I have one or if I should just pay up. was wondering about another letter of response after reading through a forum post regarding debt collectors,

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Horatio

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Post #4 of the NEWBIES thread applies. You missed appealing it & winning (would have been easy).

You are ignoring debt collector letters, no need for a thread, no risk, no CCJ, nothing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks Coupon-Mad,

Just to clarify what I have read as post#4:
    1. Simply ignore all Debt Collector esq letters.
    2. Use one of the strongly worded letters to counter the NO appeal letter from NCP.
  • Would my previous post be the right course of action to take?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    horatiomul wrote: »
    Would my previous post be the right course of action to take?

Any further correspondence with the debt collectors or NCP is futile. Just ignore anything from the debt collector, come back if you get a LBA or MCOL from NCP (vanishingly unlikely) - see NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #5 for acronyms.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thank you @Umkomaas.
  • OK, quick update.

Had letter from Gladstones, replied using forum aids and template for letters before claim. No response!! :)

Recently had a few letters from B M Legal (purposefully incorrect) not to mention spam calls.
    They have sent a letter before court. Have acknowledged and responded with same letter sent to previous solicitor.
    They have now responded stating we had entered into a contract by mutual agreement and stating there fees are not unreasonable. They did end the letter saying it was now on hold while they check with the client.
    Question. Should I take their parting statement to mean that I will not hear back or should I still respond and acknowledge this letter?
  • Coupon-mad
    What on earth makes you think nothing will happen, or that you will not hear back?

Clearly BW Legal are filing some claims for NCP, as other NCP threads show you.
  • I don't know hence why I am asking for help on the forum. I did think similar when just checking the threads after sending this update for further help. :(

Can you please offer any further advice on this case @Coupon?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The ball is in their court.

Expect a claim form from the County Court Business Centre.

Prepare yourself to deal with that by reading more of post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Wait for the claim, defend it and win. 99% of people here report a win. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure