PIP appeal today and won.

Options
rich_shot2003
rich_shot2003 Posts: 2,150 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
edited 1 March 2018 at 9:16PM in Benefits & tax credits
Well today i had my PIP appeal and won.

was only in there before the judge for less then 5'mins and got 27 points(DWP gave me 0) and after telling me who on the panel was the judge said that the panel had dismissed DWP,s reasons for giving me 0 points and it was then that i felt i would win.

i suffer from epilepsy so got Standard rate for daily living and enhanced rate for mobility and will be backed to April 2017.

i was shocked at how the judge was taking about dwp in them giving me 0 points and he seem not very haopy with them and got me thinking why dont these judges stand up to dwp and say look there are too many cases of them giving 0 points and to sort it out as maybe dwp would listen to them more then any other person.

so in all a good day and now lets see how long it takes for dwp to pay the backpay.

also the judge did not put a time limit on the claim so he did say that dwp could get me in again to see there not so lovely nurses.(he did not say not so lovely nurses but you know what i mean)

Comments

• Stevietee
    Stevietee Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Well done but it is a very stressful experience. I know from experience as have just been through an ESA Tribunal that I won. The real problem is the assessors who one really must think have a hidden agenda to simply reject as many claims as they can. The assessors and the companies they work for are a disgrace, in fact I would go further but I had better restrain myself. If the nurses who carry out these assessments are registered with the UKCC they should be reported for being in breach of their code of conduct. If they were they would not be so quick to compile a report that is a pack of lies.
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    I am a little confused about on the court paper that they gave me it says i have awarded the points back to April 2017 so does that mean i will get it backdated to that date as i was moving from DLA to PIP or to the date of the appeal?
  • Hoogle
    Hoogle Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 March 2018 at 3:37AM
    Options
    Backdated award does not necessarily mean you will get a back dated payment.

for example if your still claiming DLA then that will stop and PIP will take over.

or if your DLA stopped then PIP could be backdated to the day after you were last paid for under the DLA scheme.

Possible backdated payment if your pip award is greater than your DLA award back to application date but I am not entirely sure how that works or if that is the case
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    Hoogle wrote: »
    Backdated award does not necessarily mean you will get a back dated payment.

for example if your still claiming DLA then that will stop and PIP will take over.

or if your DLA stopped then PIP could be backdated to the day after you were last paid for under the DLA scheme.

Possible backdated payment if your pip award is greater than your DLA award back to application date but I am not entirely sure how that works or if that is the case

My DLA ended on 25th April 2017 and on the court decision notice that i got says pip from 26th April 2017 so does that sound like that as i was being moved by dwp from DLA to PIP that it would get backdated to the day after DLA ended?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 March 2018 at 8:53AM
    Options
    My DLA ended on 25th April 2017 and on the court decision notice that i got says pip from 26th April 2017 so does that sound like that as i was being moved by dwp from DLA to PIP that it would get backdated to the day after DLA ended?
    DLA would have been paid for a further 4 weeks after the decision was made on your PIP, so it will be backdated to that date. Well done on winning your appeal.
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    Just a update

i got a call from a lovely lady at DWP on Thursday and she asked if i had been in hospital or out of the uk since i made the claim and said no to all.

then she said she was doing the backpay and that i will get it paid into my account within 5 days which i worked out as being on Tuesday and a letter was on its way to me.

not got the letter yet so should get that tomorrow monday.

so in all since my appeal it will be less then 2 weeks from that to me being paid.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options

then she said she was doing the backpay and that i will get it paid into my account within 5 days which i worked out as being on Tuesday and a letter was on its way to me.

When she said 5 days she would probably have meant 5 working days i.e. excluding weekends. Money should be in your account by next Thursday. If it's in before that so much the better, but don't call to chase before Friday at the earliest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure