PAYG/Monthly Data hungry, alternative to big suppliers

Comments

• d123 wrote: »
    I suspect the same, they haven’t read the text correctly and are complaining that the PAC has a charge.

TBH it hadn't occurred to me that they'd misread it :o
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    TBH it hadn't occurred to me that they'd misread it :o

I think the line about it not being legally acceptable points to them thinking it’s a charge for the PAC, no way a person gets so upset about a charge to unlock a handset which has pretty much always been the case.
    ====
  • so far so good with vectone tethering

used about 4 to 5gb of data so far

TBH the 3G speed isnt great (on checking have seen speeds between 2Mbps & 5 Mbps) so no sure if, say, streaming iplayer would work without any freezing (not tried yet)

Its OK for me personally as dont really stream videos much, youtube videoa & the like seem to play fine mostly - most of what I watch is downloaded & watched offline
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2018 at 2:05AM
    :mad:
    damn you! :D
    you said bank account so I assume that means you used a debit card

personally I'd stick to using a credit card as I believe doing a chargeback is easier with a credit card

I will be interested to see if the 30gb with tethering materialises

looking at the terms & conditions (below) it talks about 'All You Need Data' but that term doesnt seem to be mentioned on any of the current plans you can buy

All You Need Data

If your use of 'All You Need Data' provided as part of your Ctrl Mobile package exceeds that reasonably expected of a person using the service for domestic purposes, the following action will be taken:

1. Excessive use over 500MB in one day will result in restrictions to your data service for the remainder of that day.

2. We reserve the right to reduce your maximum bandwidth to 3G speeds for the remainder of your monthly billing cycle.

Tethering (using your phone as a hotspot), P2P sharing, torrents and connecting to VPNs are not permitted on our ''All You Need Data' plans, if we detect this, we may:

1. Restrict your service and/or

2. Charge you Ctrl Mobile!!!8217;s standard rates for any use exceeding those reasonably expected of a person using this service for domestic purposes. We will inform you before we start charging you our standard rates.
    Had most "adventurous few days", had break inn to deal with, personal nonsense etc and today finally managed to get back to the issue ('s) of mobiles/sim's...
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73948464&postcount=14
    CROOK!
    apart from making mistake paid with Debit card, now will have quite a bit issues with cards etc, promised as, if he sent SIM's, but he never twice and my request for refund ignored to respond to three times...
    Tried- tested-
    lesson learned... hopefully!
    Which is MAJOR headache!
    next best deal ('s) from Virgin 100GB (30gb, unl, then throttled down speed) at £20 PCM on (?12 month contract?) had expired...
    so did "price match" deal from "three"
    Aught to choose- get one of 4 remaining offers:

Vectone 30gb @ £10PCM (1 month roll on)

or Three deal for 30GB (1 month roll on) @ £20PCM

or Virgin £18 40GB (not a fan, of their "policies regarding ANY downloads (including home broadband)
    ALSO 12 month's)

or to test run ChinaMobile 27GB @ £18 PCM
    https://mobile.cmlink.com/uk/en/plans

BUT can't, as had to cancel the card, don't want to put none charges on CC and some wouldn't accept for a Monthly payment....:mad:

Hope the Candy/CTRL mobile creator- crook rots in hell!
  • Atasas
    d123 wrote: »
    I suspect the same, they haven’t read the text correctly and are complaining that the PAC has a charge.
    Correct!
    ...and just before calling them, realised the same - PHONE unlock charges, which wouldn't apply to me.
  • Atasas
    so far so good with vectone tethering

used about 4 to 5gb of data so far

TBH the 3G speed isnt great (on checking have seen speeds between 2Mbps & 5 Mbps) so no sure if, say, streaming iplayer would work without any freezing (not tried yet)

Its OK for me personally as dont really stream videos much, youtube videoa & the like seem to play fine mostly - most of what I watch is downloaded & watched offline
    TY!

Any better/worse, using it longer term?

just hope to get new Debit C before the end of a week, so would/could make final (one more) decision for a new mvno - "provider"- SIM
  • d123
    Atasas wrote: »
    :mad:

CROOK!
    apart from making mistake paid with Debit card, now will have quite a bit issues with cards etc, promised as, if he sent SIM's, but he never twice and my request for refund ignored to respond to three times...
    Tried- tested-
    lesson learned... hopefully!

Contact your bank they might still be able to do a chargeback.
    ====
  • Atasas
    Contact your bank they might still be able to do a chargeback.
    debit C, meaning dispute will be raised by bank on my behalf, not a "cargeBack"
  • d123
    Atasas wrote: »
    debit C, meaning dispute will be raised by bank on my behalf, not a "cargeBack"

Lol

It's called a chargeback on a debit card.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback
    Chargeback is a little known scheme which gives you a chance of getting your money back from your bank if you bought faulty goods, a service wasn't provided, or the company you bought something from went bust and your goods weren't delivered.

It works in a similar way to Section 75, which is a legal protection if you buy something on a credit card making the credit provider jointly liable with the retailer if things go wrong. But while Section 75 only works for credit card purchases over £100, and other credit agreements, chargeback works on all the cards below.

chargebackUpdatelast.jpg
    ====
  • Atasas
    edited 28 February 2018 at 3:33PM
    Not the brightest at all, lol.
    Payment with debit card for an renewable future payments (AKA monthly roll on "contract") is called direct debit mandate. To have one cancelled, you need to be able to provide proof of goods and / or services being faulty, not received etc AND offer 14 days to rectify the issues. That alone is for FURTHER charges, apart from initial payment to be refunded.

Perhaps, I shall not bother explaining to you no further, as all you do is LARP and flame, proven to be clueless on a subject.

Anyway,

Had another exchange of emails with "Jam**" (I believe same Al**) from CTRL, got told in writing, as if he did send them cards and already received 2 of them back ("returned" to sender)... Shocker, innit? :D
    Documented everything and sent off to ActionFraud, as it is clearly just tricks and excuses, with hope for most unlucky just to give up. I know, it's only £10, but if he fooled 100 people, that's £1000 per each "network" and so on and etc.
    Wish more victims would be bothered to submit the evidence, including VodaFooneys and THREE (non existing contracts for network service).
    I already suggested to request for proof of postage, (imaginary) returns and them actual "SIM's" existing to be taken as an evidence for his scam ( existence of such business) and have successful prosecution case brought against him.

Wouldn't be surprised, if that Jam** (Al**) Cla** from Catherpily is reading this forum and it was "worth it" as I believe, he's got caught already... ??? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure