Daligas Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,614
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    One thing I have noticed in my case anyway - is that they don't appear to have sent an email 42-49 days before the current fixed term contract is about to expire...

We have also had a sharp rise in our dd payments for no good reason other than an email saying it was a cold winter.. though tbh I don't think we had been giving them regular readings on this account (our usage is less than they estimate)
  • They're cowboys. We've been with them for a year and just got a £500 bill. Apparently they never set up my DD. Well ok we haven't paid any DDs, but did you think of mentioning it Daligas? No, clearly not. I'd say they have a duty to mention such things a lot sooner. I also don't buy this you have to monitor your own usage with a spreadsheet. They need to do much much better, or people will just switch away, like we now will.
  • caverncity
    caverncity Posts: 889
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 January 2018 at 11:26AM
    I was with Daligas until July 2015 and as they requested I always sent the meter readings via their website. For the final bill I sent a reading of 3116.08 but on the final bill it read 3160 which resulted in a £16 overcharge. I also took a photo of the meter reading and saved it to my PC. I contacted them and told them the bill was wrong so they sent another and again showing the 3160 reading.
    This happened a couple of times and when I complained was told I informed them the reading was 3160 and they asked for a photo of the reading which I sent. They sent another bill again showing 3160 now telling me my new provider hadnt sent the latest changeover reading even though I had also informed my new provider of the reading I had taken. I also have the original thankyou for your meter reading reply from them showing their server address, time date etc with the reading of 3116. I rang them up and spoke to a seemingly uninterested lady in 2015 and explained that I had had a threating letter telling me my bill was unpaid. She told me she would stop it and put a note on my file and get the correct bill sent out. That was in 2015 and I never heard from them again until 5th January 2018 headed
    "(IMMEDIATE ATTENTION /DO NOT IGNORE) daligas - Debt Collection - Your overdue gas account. Despite sending you several reminders, we have received no response from you about your seriously past due account.
    If you are unwilling or unable to pay the amount due, we face no other choice than to report this debt and begin a formal collections process"

To be honest I had forgot all about it it was that long ago so I sent an email back twice, telling them there is no problem in paying I just want to pay the correct amount and the email I sent also showed all the proof, the emails from them showing the reading I sent and the photo of the meter and even explained when taking a digital photo it leaves a date mark in the file and I showed them a screen shot of the date and it shows the day when they asked for a reading and the reading was 3116.08 not 3160 like they said. Its only £16 but its still £16 that is not theirs. I have informed them in my last email that if I have to pay the full amount to get them off my back I will take them to a small claims court for the £16 plus time spent emailing them but they havent replied.
    Forgot to add the final bill was not paid because even though they had the DD set up (I rechecked it was on my bank DD's) they never took it

https://ibb.co/cVwnCR
    https://ibb.co/fj866m
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    @Caverncity In Law, a debt can be pursued for up to 6 years. When you switch suppliers, ALL meter readings provided by the consumer are verified by an independent industry partner to ensure that both suppliers use the same reading to open and close your accounts. My advice, for what’s its worth, is pay up and move on. Life is too short to worry about £16, and you have to take some of the blame for not dealing with this situation sooner. Ignore your photographic evidence, and check your bills. If the two suppliers have used the same transfer readings then you do not have a case.
  • caverncity
    caverncity Posts: 889
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 January 2018 at 2:59PM
    Hengus wrote: »
    @Caverncity In Law, a debt can be pursued for up to 6 years. When you switch suppliers, ALL meter readings provided by the consumer are verified by an independent industry partner to ensure that both suppliers use the same reading to open and close your accounts. My advice, for what’s its worth, is pay up and move on. Life is too short to worry about £16, and you have to take some of the blame for not dealing with this situation sooner. Ignore your photographic evidence, and check your bills. If the two suppliers have used the same transfer readings then you do not have a case.

I am fully aware of the six years to pursue any debts. I only had one bill off daligas and that was the final bill so was very easy to check, believe me.
    I was only asked for two readings at the start Date: 24/02/2014 and at the end of the contract Date: 10/06/2015 to which I provided using their online submit form and received acknowledgments of them. I sent numerous emails and made a number of phone calls to get them to correct the mistake including sending the photograph of the meter that they asked for and I still got the incorrect bill. They then said my new supplier had still not sent the meter reading I had provided them and are waiting for it. "Kindly note the reading 3160 you supplied us on 10.06.15. Your current supplier has not send us a reading. Can you please resend the photo of the meter to this email." which I did and not for the first time. I then got another bill showing 3160. As you can see they said I sent a reading of 3160 when I clearly didnt. So I rang them again and was told a note will be put on my account and never heard from them again and they are still ignoring complaints. So 13 emails, 5 phone calls and I'm partly to blame for the "normal" incompetence?
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    caverncity wrote: »
    I was with Daligas until July 2015 and as they requested I always sent the meter readings via their website. For the final bill I sent a reading of 3116.08 but on the final bill it read 3160 which resulted in a £16 overcharge. I also took a photo of the meter reading and saved it to my PC. I contacted them and told them the bill was wrong so they sent another and again showing the 3160 reading.
    This happened a couple of times and when I complained was told I informed them the reading was 3160 and they asked for a photo of the reading which I sent. They sent another bill again showing 3160 now telling me my new provider hadnt sent the latest changeover reading even though I had also informed my new provider of the reading I had taken. I also have the original thankyou for your meter reading reply from them showing their server address, time date etc with the reading of 3116. I rang them up and spoke to a seemingly uninterested lady in 2015 and explained that I had had a threating letter telling me my bill was unpaid. She told me she would stop it and put a note on my file and get the correct bill sent out. That was in 2015 and I never heard from them again until 5th January 2018 headed
    "(IMMEDIATE ATTENTION /DO NOT IGNORE) daligas - Debt Collection - Your overdue gas account. Despite sending you several reminders, we have received no response from you about your seriously past due account.
    If you are unwilling or unable to pay the amount due, we face no other choice than to report this debt and begin a formal collections process"

To be honest I had forgot all about it it was that long ago so I sent an email back twice, telling them there is no problem in paying I just want to pay the correct amount and the email I sent also showed all the proof, the emails from them showing the reading I sent and the photo of the meter and even explained when taking a digital photo it leaves a date mark in the file and I showed them a screen shot of the date and it shows the day when they asked for a reading and the reading was 3116.08 not 3160 like they said. Its only £16 but its still £16 that is not theirs. I have informed them in my last email that if I have to pay the full amount to get them off my back I will take them to a small claims court for the £16 plus time spent emailing them but they havent replied.
    Forgot to add the final bill was not paid because even though they had the DD set up (I rechecked it was on my bank DD's) they never took it

https://ibb.co/cVwnCR
    https://ibb.co/fj866m

Your new supplier was entirely responsible for managing the switch.

All you need to check is that the start reading used by the new supplier matches that used as a final meter reading by Daligas.
    If it does, then you owe Daligas the money.
    (Your disputed meter reading is too small to worry about - the suppliers are not obliged to change it)

If the meter readings used were not the same, you should raise a complaint with your new supplier.

Good luck!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    caverncity wrote: »
    I am fully aware of the six years to pursue any debts. I only had one bill off daligas and that was the final bill so was very easy to check, believe me.
    I was only asked for two readings at the start Date: 24/02/2014 and at the end of the contract Date: 10/06/2015 to which I provided using their online submit form and received acknowledgments of them. I sent numerous emails and made a number of phone calls to get them to correct the mistake including sending the photograph of the meter that they asked for and I still got the incorrect bill. They then said my new supplier had still not sent the meter reading I had provided them and are waiting for it. "Kindly note the reading 3160 you supplied us on 10.06.15. Your current supplier has not send us a reading. Can you please resend the photo of the meter to this email." which I did and not for the first time. I then got another bill showing 3160. As you can see they said I sent a reading of 3160 when I clearly didnt. So I rang them again and was told a note will be put on my account and never heard from them again and they are still ignoring complaints. So 13 emails, 5 phone calls and I'm partly to blame for the "normal" incompetence?

My point is that we are now 2 1/2 years on from the original issue. I never accept anything that I am told over the phone by CS staff.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Had a year with them last year with absolutely no problems at all.All direct debits were spot on with a final bill also ok.
    Wish I d stayed with them for another year instead of a dual fuel fix with Eon
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I may be wrong here, but I thought under the back billing rules, consumption incorrectly billed over a year old could not be collected.

Ofgem:
    Put simply, if your supplier is at fault, it will not seek additional payment for unbilled energy used more than 12 months prior to the error being detected and a corrected bill being issued.
    Je suis sabot...
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I may be wrong here, but I thought under the back billing rules, consumption incorrectly billed over a year old could not be collected.

Ofgem:
    Put simply, if your supplier is at fault, it will not seek additional payment for unbilled energy used more than 12 months prior to the error being detected and a corrected bill being issued.
    It seems the amount was billed, just the customer failed to make payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure