PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    :bdaycake:
    Many Happy Returns of yesterday to your DH, Honey Bear. Apologies for having missed it - my memory is pants, which is why I normally write everything down on long lists! [/I]

Woke up earlier than I wanted to this morning, so I will plod on with diary and emails before breakfast.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning everyone. Hope today is better for you Piggers.

I'm being quiet as DH is still in bed and have just had the first cuppa of the day. No real plans for today. Need to walk dogs and maybe do some of the maybe list jobs, and I'm being taken out for a meal by DH.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning :hello:

I'm several years behind you in the H2H challenge HB and I don't want to set an unrealistic schedule and doom myself to yet another failure. I've already started on the kitchen so my plan is finish the kitchen, then move on to living room. HSL, bathroom (at this stage not only would someone be able to visit but my mind won't be screaming 'please don't need the loo' :eek: (which is not conducive to relaxed chats and makes me look very inhospitable as I don't offer to put the kettle on in case it makes this inevitable: some people seem to have to evacuate the same amount as they imbibe almost immediately!) of course this is mostly from memory as only a very select and chosen few have made it past the doorstep for years - I am a visitor rather than visited :o) Then I'll move on to the three bedrooms: mine, DS's (with his assistance) and the RoD2 before tackling the cupboard under the stairs (aka RoD1). That will just leave the two sheds to tackle. It may take more than a year but [STRIKE]if [/STRIKE][STRIKE]I can[/STRIKE] when I get to the 'would you like to come over and use the bathroom if you need to stage' I'll consider H2H part 1 completed. :D

Today: Round 1=
    - WUDUPA (that'll be the dailies done :D)
    - laundry shuffle
    - Sweetie's seed and water

Rxx
    -
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Valli glad the cat seems ok

Piggers, hope your son takes on board how much folk have rallied around for him and love him.

Frosty here
    Cat has some how broken his cat flap! OH will fix late
    Lunch made for work

Laters
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Please tell me, what's WUDUPA?

Many thanks
    Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Washed
    Up
    Dried
    Up
    Put
    Away

For many people the completion of all three steps at once is hard - personally I will happily wash up all day - I LOATHE the drying part.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Ahhh thank you.
    Makes sense.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    Round 1 done :D and a bag removed from the kitchen floor (H2H) :T Contents of bag - 3 plastic mixer jugs now soaking and will be WUDUPA (Wish ;)). DS insists they are all needed, and since they stack and fit in to the cupboard now designated as the'drinks' cupboard, I'm not going to argue.

This will be done and the contents of the next bag unearthed and appropriately dealt with as Round 2.

Back [STRIKE]soon[/STRIKE] later (don't know what the next bag will contain :o)

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Morning my lovelies

Piggers sending big hugs to DS1 poor soul. I know he'll be well looked after.

Well as usual I've been a lazy moo and seriously need to get something done in this house so I'll be doing as much as possible today.

Going to stick the WM on and then decide which room of doom to start with.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Right time to haul myself out of bed. Today, as forecast, it’s sunny so I am planning on pegging the bedding (sheets) on the line in the hope that they’ll lighten, at least. I washed and tumbled the towels. Hutch needs cleaning, DW needs emptying and I have work stuff to get on with. Along with a trip to Mr A later.
    Shower first.
    I will be adding the clalkenges to the thread as post 2, later.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family