PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• BlimusOreilly
    Options
    First shop of the month.
    £36.58 at Mr Ms and £4.94 at Sainsbugs.
    There were some brilliant offers at Mr M's today: 3 litres squash for £1, 2 lg size Fairy Liquids for £2, Comfort fab conditioner for £1, 800g mature cheddar for £3.62. I stocked up on several things and made a saving of £8.02. I think that's my biggest multi-save to date.
    Also, because I hadn't shopped at Sainsbugs for so long I (I'm assuming that's the reason anyway) I got a £3 off a £30 spend token and another couple of money-saving tokens on things that I would actually buy. Also saved money in there as I popped in to buy a birthday present and there was 70% off certain toys. :j All in all, a very satisfying shop. :cool:
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300

• savvyshe
    savvyshe Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone had my 5th NSD for March to date:j Just made a Yummy tea. I had a small pack of whoopsied meatballs (12) which I had frozen at weekend I defrosted and put in a mixing bowl into it I grated 2 carrots and half an onion and garlic rolled them into small balls then flour,I made about 30 in total I then fried them in fry light. In another pan I fried 1/2 red and 1/2 white onion garlic and 1/2 yellow pepper added passatta, tin of tomatoes, mixed herbs, woscester
    sauce and stock cube and tomato paste cooked for 10 mins then added sauce to meatballs and simmered for another 10 mins served with long spaghetti. A very cheap and delish tea for 5 for £2.50 ish. Happy cooking.

Savvyshe xx:)
    M&S 2,200.00
    Barclaycard £3840.00
  • scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Well DH bless him is getting well and truely into this came through the door at 6 tonight with hands raised above his head chanting "another NSD for me!):rotfl:
    Of course i then hit him with the news that I had spent £20.10 which made him think he was some kind of hero - oh dear think i have created a monster here.:D
    Made spag bol tonight and there is enough bol sauce left over for a couple lunches for DS1 so into the freezer they go ............ and a batch of leek and potato puree for DS2 so all in all v industrious day
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    £6.16 spent today. I needed to get a newspaper, tv guide and some mozzarella for a recipe on Friday. I also picked up a gammon joint which was on offer (got one for my dad too, but that doesn't count!) I also picked up 2 bottles of white vinegar, a packet of frozen puff pastry to try (bargain at 45p if it's any good) and a pack of reduced bread rolls for 17p. I just need to find room for them in the freezer as the gammon has taken a large space!
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    £1.00 spent from budget today - total spent £58.00 leaving £82.00 for rest of month.

How do you do a signature please?
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • ChocClare
    ChocClare Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Options
    £1.00 spent from budget today - total spent £58.00 leaving £82.00 for rest of month.

How do you do a signature please?

Look in the Quick Links tab at the top of the page and choose Edit Signature. It's really easy (I managed)...
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    NSD for me today, thank goodness!!
    Don't know what I'm having for dinner tonight, but I'll find something in a minute! Maybe some pasta and sauce (cheap and cheerful!), or even some leftover birthday cake!
    Had a REALLY rubbish day at work today, but managed to resist going to the shops. 12 hour day, and a complaint to boot! I wouldn't mind if it was justified, but it wasn't!!!
    Ate a lot of chocolate and sweets today, so maybe i won't have the cake for dinner! I'll go into the cupboard and see what i can find. I think soup is down on my meal planner for today, but i don't want that. I do have some cheesy rolls though, so i might make some chip butties using them...
    Mmm, back soon, hopefully more full up!
    Have a good evening all,
    PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • banwa
    banwa Posts: 952 Forumite
    Options
    Moniker wrote: »
    Had to go into town this afternoon for an optician's appointment and guess what- our new Lakeland has just opened and I had to go in and have a look didn't I - it would have been rude not to! Anyway, I bought some loaf tin liners and Astonish paste (have been looking for it everywhere) and have updated my total to take account of these spends.

I'd been looking for the Astonish paste too and Netto have also got it on offer for £1 at the mo, for anyone else who's interested

Banwa
    Debt £26k 18/10/14
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Another £1.46 for me on SF squash. Did buy a box of choccies but as they're for my Dad's birthday they're not inc in my grocery budget!
  • Money_Fritter
    Money_Fritter Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Can you put me down for £100 for March Please.

Thanks

Money Fritter
    DFW#972 LBM2 (09/07/12) £25938.84; Current £23783.35;
    Credit Credit Card1 £128.47/£6424.24 (2%);
    Credit Card2 £443.86/£15663.25 (2.8%); Overdraft £0/£2500 (0%)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure