PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In my slow cooker today.... part 2

Penny asked me to start a new thread as the old one got so long, old thread here. (Penny, I couldnt reply to your pm as your inbox is full)

So, whats in your slow cooker today? :D
“A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey

Comments

• i'm doing a beef stew in mine for tomorrow,,hoping to get 2 days out of it,,we'll see!!!
    Dont cry because it's over,
    Smile because it happened.

sealed pot challenge 3 #865
    Jan NSD 10/10:j Jan groc. challenge €169.18/€400
    Dec NSD ??/10 Dec.grocery challenge €230/€400:rolleyes:
  • yummyhoney wrote: »
    i'm doing a beef stew in mine for tomorrow,,hoping to get 2 days out of it,,we'll see!!!

I have a beef stew in mine right now - my first attempt with the slow cooker! Just got home and it smells AMAZING, but I need to wait until my [strike]test subjects[/strike] guests arrive till I can taste it!

Can't wait... drool...
  • a beef stew-y type creation.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,912
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What a surprise, there's beef stew in mine as well!

Husband has just phoned to say he's about to come home, so it'll only be in there about another 15 minutes.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Duck carcass and giblets to make a good stock for a chinese soup for dinner this evening - looking forward to trying it for the first time
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Beef in mine too lol. Put potatoes, sweetcorn, carrots and red pepper with it. I also added a beef casserole herb packet (I'm going to add my own herbs etc soon - just don't want my first attempts to be complete disasters). Some of the pots were a bit hard, so had a look on the net and learned about layering veg. Also learned to 'NOT REMOVE THE LID!'

Later on in the week I'll be having Somerset Sausage casserole and Moroccan lamb, using those packets again.... tut tut.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Got a lovely lakeland slowcooker book for christmas, so am going to cook a sausage casserole with cabbage, wine, haricot beans and tinned tomatoes tomorrow hope it's nice as I don't usually stray from my regulars in my slowcooker!!
    LBM 17th April 2007:j
    Credit Cards paid - July 2008 [strike]Sainsys,M&S,[/strike][strike] HSBC[/strike]
    Grocery Challenge £350
    DEBT FREE AND STILL TRYING HARD
  • Pauls
    Pauls Posts: 752 Forumite
    Got myself a pound of diced venison from the local farm shop (it was reduced, and I couldn't resist). Anyone have any recommendations on what to do with it ??
  • The beef stew-y type creation has now been turned into tea (served with rice), 4 pasties for work and a kind of cottage pie ready to be portioned up to go in the freezer.

Replacing it is sausages and onions ready for sausage bake which I'll put on in the morning.
  • 2 jars of coop tikka massalla, onion, carrots,peppers,chicken legs and red lentils
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure