PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Alternative uses for aftershave?

2»

Comments

• Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Sprinkle on an old handkerchief and hang in wardrobes to discourage the moths. They particularly dislike lavender odours apparently but maybe are equally sensitive to other fragrances.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Put a few drops in a steam iron with the water, though only if you like the smell. Lightly soak a cotton wool ball and put it in a radiator. When the radiator heats up it will release the smell.
  • HHNN
    HHNN Posts: 15 Forumite
    Can you use it for cleaning a whiteboard when the wrong pen has been used?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Its a great deodorant if you have split milk in the car boot Milk is dreadful to get rid of the smell and I was told about this years ago a good sprinkle of aftershave will get rid of the nasty niffs
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    JackieO wrote: »
    Its a great deodorant if you have split milk in the car boot Milk is dreadful to get rid of the smell and I was told about this years ago a good sprinkle of aftershave will get rid of the nasty niffs

Nooooooooooo Our best man sprinkled cheap perfume in our car when they were decorating it for us to leave the wedding. We eventually got rid of all the confetti they put in the blowers, but never got rid of the smell of cheap perfume when the car had been left on a warm day.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family