PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Homemade hobnobs?

Options

Comments

• oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I LOVE twinks hobnobs!
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    I'm just popping my head out of Lurkdom for 5 minutes to say thank you for sharing your recipe Twink.
    I made your lovely Hobnobs today and they are delicious :-)
    I have been asked to share the recipe, is that okay with you?
    Linda x

Glad you like the hobnobs I have also done them as a traybake but they aren't so crunchy and of course you can share the recipe x
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I seem to have accidentally tweaked the recipe to create something a bit more hob nobby.

I was trying to make something a bit more like flips...

Reduce the Sr flour to 4 oz, increase the oats to 12oz.

I think I would reduce the sugar to 6oz next time too, but that's maybe just me.

They are a little bit harder to shape as they don't stick together quite as well, but it's not tricky.

Thought I'd share as some people on here seem a little hard to please...

(to be clear, I love the original recipe and have been making them for years now)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Trow wrote: »
    I seem to have accidentally tweaked the recipe to create something a bit more hob nobby.

I was trying to make something a bit more like flips...

Reduce the Sr flour to 4 oz, increase the oats to 12oz.

I think I would reduce the sugar to 6oz next time too, but that's maybe just me.

They are a little bit harder to shape as they don't stick together quite as well, but it's not tricky.

Thought I'd share as some people on here seem a little hard to please...

(to be clear, I love the original recipe and have been making them for years now)
    I'd be tempted to mix some rice pops in as well to give it a light, crispy quality. But that I accept would be a serious deviation from the original, and could not be legitimate described as a twinks hobnob.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • carriebradshaw
    carriebradshaw Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 October 2019 at 2:58PM
    Options
    I'm craving twinks hob nobs but I'm low on butter just now & village shop is shut . I have lots of coconut oil would that be a good sub or would it just taste greasy ? I've used it in granola bars before and not noticed the difference, but twinks are special treat to me, I've been making them for years (thanks again twink btw)The coconut oil I have doesn't have any flavour as such but I was going to add some cinnamon into the mix because I love that.

ETA: I did make a small batch subbing the coconut oil instead of the butter They came out great and taste great too, not buttery of course but really lovely with the cinnamon added
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Love twinks hobnobs. Made many batches over the years
  • NI_BOBS
    NI_BOBS Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just had a wee wearch for this recipe and made these again , still as amazing as ever !! 

• Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah I see myself two posts back....looked at this thread as I’m off to make Twinks this afternoon. Love to think that so many on here make them and also variations. Thanks Twink! 
  • hayleyjanemat
    Options
    Wmf, could you please post me twinks recipe as I made them a long time ago and loved them but now cannot find it, tia x
  • Wraithlady
    Wraithlady Posts: 856 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wmf, could you please post me twinks recipe as I made them a long time ago and loved them but now cannot find it, tia x
    Look on the first post of this thread, it's there
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family