PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• SAV3R
    SAV3R Posts: 222 Forumite
    Welcome back MrsM, take care of yourself. I know I haven't been on here very long, but it is clear you have been greatly missed nad have never been far from anyones thoughts. Best Wishes to you and your family.
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    :grouphug: Love & Huggs Mrs M, we've all missed you. Hope we can help with keeping your spirits up... we're all here for you...:grouphug:

Wow, your pottio seems to have gone mad while you've been away - were you still able to get out there when you came back or was it beginning to take over :D ? it all looks great...
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Welcome back MrsMC its lovely to have you back again :D (purely selfish!)- Wow to your potio- look at all that lovely produce- hope you are hungry!

((((hugs))))

Axx
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Welcome back Mrs M - we have missed you! (Though Angelnikki has done a great job keeping us all in order!)

I have decided to have a NBD (no baking day) as well as a NCD(no car day) and NSD today, as I excelled myself yesterday! I made from one 250g packet of mince 2 lots of cannelloni for 2, and ,after putting Sunday's chicken in the slo cooker got 2 1/2 pts of stock. I took all the edible bits of meat off the chicken, left the celery, carrot and onion, added two ladles of stock and the tomatoey juice leftover from the mince bolognese, and hey presto "poor man's (or woman's) chicken casserole" - enough for two served with lots of creamy mash. It's more like a chunky soup really, but will do us for a main meal. Stock, casserole and cannelloni all in the freezer now. Have decided to try and build up the freezer meals so that when I go back to work in September I will have plenty of quick meals to fall back on.

I used the Waitrose discount code to order online last night and it worked fine. However, as it is ages since I shopped at Waitrose, my credit card details needed to be updated. Just as I pushed the button to save the new details I noticed that the code disappeared from the box and I couldn't go back and add it. Fortunately Waitrose have a freephone number to call for help and I got a real person (at 9pm!) who helped to put the code back on. I am using it for a delivery next Thursday as I have promised to take MIL to Sainsbury's tomorrow. I think I will use the next code for the bulk buy at the beginning of August.

Earlier in the week I promised to post a pic of my chicken pies and palmiers but I don't want to post my url as it will reveal my details. They are jpeg images does anyone know if I can attach them to the post in any other way?

Cheers

Moniker
  • Herbaholic
    Herbaholic Posts: 304 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,
    herbaholic, I love the sound of the rose geranium face water - would you use that like a toner? And any suggestions where I would get the leaves?
    TFxx

OOps sorry this is nothing to do with groceries !!!

Yup you can use it as a toner, it smells lovely to. If you lived closer I'd give you some, not sure they'd survive in the post to scotland though! Garden centre would be a good bet, head for the geraniums (pelargoniums) and squish the leaves of the ones they call 'scented geraniums' if you get one that smells like roses then you have a rose scented geranium. You can use the leaves in cooking, lemon scented ones are good to :) Its very hard to find dried rose geranium leaves, if you manage it when you get them they hardly have any fragrance in them :mad: , much better to use fresh ones. Apologies to all those peeps as this isn't strictly grocery challenge as Tootti pointed out, but it could be if you were going to buy some facial toner and it came out of the grocery budget :)

Welcome back Mrs M nice to see you again, your veggies look superb, all this rain has done all our veggies good, a little silver lining to the recent deluge of clouds maybe?
    NSD Challenge 2010:Jul 12/12 ;); Jun 21/14 :T; May : 6/6 :D
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 :cool:; Jun £278.86/£275.00 :mad:; May £276.13/£280.00 :T
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Moniker wrote: »
    Earlier in the week I promised to post a pic of my chicken pies and palmiers but I don't want to post my url as it will reveal my details. They are jpeg images does anyone know if I can attach them to the post in any other way?

Cheers

Moniker

Hi Moniker - AngelNikki mentioned something about this before, but I have forgotten who she uses, perhaps you could post again for us Nikki?

Also, any chance of the recipe for the canelloni? I love it but very rarely buy it, so it would be great to bake my own...
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Welcome back Mrs M.
    Went to Tesco and got a load of shopping to save many trips as Ive been so busy lately. Got new ink cartridge there too and promptly broke my printer last night putting it in. Pushed in the forward catch before the top catch. Why do they need all this nonsense? It sits in tight enough without any catches!. Now got stock of cartridges and have to find a printer they will fit. Saverstore.com have one same as mine so I may go for that.
    Frustrated! So much for saving money ec.
    Have to tot up my totals and put them on my sig today to keep me going.
    Just making a big shepherds pie. Using half bag of minced lamb from Tesco and some soya-prob some oats as well.
    Loads of spuds so I have the chore of peeling them a little later.
    Hubby wont eat mince in any guise so he is having a chicken breast(Tesco frozen)wraped in bacon(offcuts). Got a free cabbage so thats good too.
    Couldnt believe the price of the value battery eggs! 88p. A short while ago these were 27p. wouldnt mind if the chickens were getting a better deal. Doesnt affeact me as I had no intention of buying them as Im now buying free range but I couldnt help noticing. Didnt buy any of them-Im down to one egg at the mo but will make cake using vinegar instead.
    I will wait for some local FR ones at a decent price.
    Petrol is a con as its 2p per litre m,ore expensive than Waitrose but you get 5p per litre off if you spend £50. So really its 3p per litre off.
    Still nagging hubby to keep our own chickens-I will get them eventually!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Welcome back MrsM.
    Well I have made some nana muffins......mmmmmmmmm, might just have to try one for quality control! I made 6 big 'uns and 3 small 'uns so will have a small 'un just now :p
    Weather brightening up here so not sure whether I should shift the washing outside OR take DS for a walk ? Hard choice! Might just sit the driers out for a bit and save hanging everything up again!
    :wave:
    PS My plants have loads of wee green toms- how long til they go red ?
    Also courgette plant has little ones on and we have been getting a few strawbs too :)
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• MissPin
    MissPin Posts: 23 Forumite
    Afternoon to all..miserable weather though....does England have a summer anymore??

Thanks for the pineapple salsa recipe OrkneyStar! Can't wait to try it!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
    GC July £110/£97.21 already spent:rolleyes:

GC August £100/£87.98 already spent:eek:
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Welcome back Mrs M.
    Went to Tesco and got a load of shopping to save many trips as Ive been so busy lately. Got new ink cartridge there too and promptly broke my printer last night putting it in. Pushed in the forward catch before the top catch. Why do they need all this nonsense? It sits in tight enough without any catches!. Now got stock of cartridges and have to find a printer they will fit. Saverstore.com have one same as mine so I may go for that.
    Frustrated! So much for saving money ec.
    Have to tot up my totals and put them on my sig today to keep me going.
    Just making a big shepherds pie. Using half bag of minced lamb from Tesco and some soya-prob some oats as well.
    Loads of spuds so I have the chore of peeling them a little later.
    Hubby wont eat mince in any guise so he is having a chicken breast(Tesco frozen)wraped in bacon(offcuts). Got a free cabbage so thats good too.
    Couldnt believe the price of the value battery eggs! 88p. A short while ago these were 27p. wouldnt mind if the chickens were getting a better deal. Doesnt affeact me as I had no intention of buying them as Im now buying free range but I couldnt help noticing. Didnt buy any of them-Im down to one egg at the mo but will make cake using vinegar instead.
    I will wait for some local FR ones at a decent price.
    Petrol is a con as its 2p per litre m,ore expensive than Waitrose but you get 5p per litre off if you spend £50. So really its 3p per litre off.
    Still nagging hubby to keep our own chickens-I will get them eventually!
    You can use vinegar instead of egg ?
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure