Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sugar_daddy1237
    • By sugar_daddy1237 17th Apr 19, 2:03 PM
    • 48Posts
    • 820Thanks
    sugar_daddy1237
    Gladstones - Help please
    • 17th Apr 19, 2:03 PM
    Gladstones - Help please 17th Apr 19 at 2:03 PM
    Hi All

I've been looking through the threads already but I cant find am answer to this. Can someone please help?

I received a LBC from Gladstones for a PCN for a parking offence in Wakefield. This was followed by a Claim form from Northampton Issue date 4.4.19. I've responded on line to that via MCOL, and submitted my defence. I have received the following email from Gladstones:

"We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of our Client’s intention to proceed with the claim.  

Please find enclosed a copy of our Client’s completed Directions Questionnaire, which will be filed with the court upon their request. You will note we intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers and without the need for an oral hearing  

This request is sought simply because the matter is in our Client’s opinion relatively straightforward and the costs incurred by both parties for attending an oral hearing would be disproportionate. We trust you agree.  

You will note our Client has elected not to mediate. Its decision is not meant to be in any way obstructive and is based purely on experience, as mediation has rarely proven beneficial in these types of cases. Notwithstanding this, our Client would be happy to listen to any genuine payment proposals that you wish to put forward."

What do I do? Obviously I want it to go to hearing, how can I overcome this? Do write to the court or the GS? I requested a SAR from Euro parking at the offset and they said send us proof of ID (Passport or driving licence), which I am not sure is safe to do. Any opinions on that as well please?

Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Apr 19, 2:25 PM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,530 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 17th Apr 19, 2:25 PM
    Just ignore that letter

It's a tactic they try all the time!

Let this take its course and you will get your day in court
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Apr 19, 2:25 PM
    • 24,967 Posts
    • 31,867 Thanks
    Redx
    read the BARGEPOLE advice in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, where he answered this exact question a few years ago, nothing has changed

SAR advice is also in there too, email your SAR to the DPO at Euro and include proof, like a copy of the V5C or driving licence or whatever , you could scan or take a picture of the N1 form that you were served with from the CCBC for example
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 17th Apr 19, 3:52 PM
    • 6,541 Posts
    • 6,558 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 17th Apr 19, 3:52 PM
    • 17th Apr 19, 3:52 PM
    In time you will receive your own DQ from the court, in which you clearly say NO to being heard on papers.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 19, 11:16 AM
    • 76,396 Posts
    • 89,702 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Apr 19, 11:16 AM
    • 19th Apr 19, 11:16 AM
    This is fully covered in the NEWBIES thread. Also if you Google:

Gladstones relatively straightforward

it is so normal the results go off the first page of Google results!

Please search the forum & consult the NEWBIES thread and bargepole's court procedures post linked there, each time. There's no need for a new thread or post about every letter.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Wiganer78
    • By Wiganer78 22nd Apr 19, 8:36 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wiganer78
    • 22nd Apr 19, 8:36 AM
    • 22nd Apr 19, 8:36 AM
    This is fully covered in the NEWBIES thread. Also if you Google:

Gladstones relatively straightforward

it is so normal the results go off the first page of Google results!

Please search the forum & consult the NEWBIES thread and bargepole's court procedures post linked there, each time. There's no need for a new thread or post about every letter.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I have received a letter from.gladstones saying have 14 days to pay up.on the newbies freed this is illegal yes?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 22nd Apr 19, 8:53 AM
    • 15,182 Posts
    • 15,838 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 22nd Apr 19, 8:53 AM
    • 22nd Apr 19, 8:53 AM
    Nearly all of this so-called breach of contract court claims are a scam. Judges know it, as do MPs.

Complain to your MP, they are drawing up a new regulations to control these scammers. On 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Eminowa
    • By Eminowa 22nd Apr 19, 10:58 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Eminowa
    • 22nd Apr 19, 10:58 AM
    • 22nd Apr 19, 10:58 AM
    Sorry to hear that, please ignore like you have been advised here. Soon you DQ will come through the court make sure you state it clearly that you will like an oral hearing and decline hearing in paper. I have on the same boat with you with Gladstone solicitor. I have submitted my Defence, I am waiting for my DQ to come from the court, but Gladstone isn't emailed me or sent me their DQ form yet, which I will obviously ignore. So stay strong, we will be winning this case, Galdstone are scammers..
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 22nd Apr 19, 11:13 AM
    • 40,545 Posts
    • 90,059 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 22nd Apr 19, 11:13 AM
    • 22nd Apr 19, 11:13 AM
    I have received a letter from.gladstones saying have 14 days to pay up.on the newbies freed this is illegal yes?
    Originally posted by Wiganer78

No it is not illegal.

If you need help with your own case please post on your original thread after carefully re-reading the sticky thread for NEWBIES.

Please stop posting random questions on other people's threads.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 22-04-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • sugar_daddy1237
    • By sugar_daddy1237 12th May 19, 11:57 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    sugar_daddy1237
    Different case
    I'm dealing with another case for someone else. Can anyone help please?

They have a court case on 29th May & have received the bundle from the parking company including the WS. The contract which they have attached to prove authority is not for the car park in question. So I'm guessing that's a very big point. We are going to submit our WS this Monday & obviously will mention this. So what's the latest date I can send the WS? Do I just go hand the WS into the court or post it? Do I post it to the PPC or email them?

My thinking is if we send it too early to Ppc, they will have time to correct the error. Is that correct or since they have submitted the bundle, are they allowed to submit more stuff?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th May 19, 12:13 PM
    • 6,541 Posts
    • 6,558 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    The dates will be on the paperwork received when the court and date were notified, normally something like "14 days before the court appearance."
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th May 19, 2:59 PM
    • 25,063 Posts
    • 40,380 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You're going to confuse matters posting about a different case even though this is your thread about another case.

If you want help on your ‘asking for a friend’ case, please start a new thread so this doesn’t become dangerously complicated.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 19, 2:28 PM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,530 Thanks
    Quentin
    @paulelderwent

Please don't hijack an existing thread like this

Please delete your post above

You need to start your own thread if you have questions not covered in the FAQ

(Ask MSE to change your user name if you have used your real name)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

1,998Users online

Martin's Twitter