Won PIP tribunal, what now??

Please help, i am clueless.
So today I recieved a letter informing me the tribunal rulled in my favour, what happens next?? It has taken 86 weeks to get here and i am super stressed still not knowing whats happens next.....
When will my PIP payments start?
Will i get backpayed?
I will really appreciate any guidence
Vickie

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,859
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    VARoberts wrote: »
    Please help, i am clueless.
    So today I recieved a letter informing me the tribunal rulled in my favour, what happens next?? It has taken 86 weeks to get here and i am super stressed still not knowing whats happens next.....
    When will my PIP payments start?
    Will i get backpayed?
    I will really appreciate any guidence
    Vickie
    Great news. It can take DWP 5-8 weeks to pay the backdated money and it will be backdated to the date of the original decision.

The reason it can take so long is because DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but they can only do this if there's an error in law. To find this error they have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons. If they do request this then they will contact you.

All you can do now is wait. Hopefully not too long.
  • When can i expect the PIP element to start being applied? Will that be within the same time scale?
    Thanks again
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    VARoberts wrote: »
    When can i expect the PIP element to start being applied? Will that be within the same time scale?
    Thanks again
    Approximately the same.
  • jjbrien
    jjbrien Posts: 11
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you claim tax credits call HMRC too if you got the higher rate of daily living as your entitled to something from them too
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    jjbrien wrote: »
    If you claim tax credits call HMRC too if you got the higher rate of daily living as your entitled to something from them too
    This only applies if the OP is claiming working tax credits, if it's just child tax credits then it doesn't make any difference to their award.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure