Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 9:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 9:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 9:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 64
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 12th Jun 19, 10:56 AM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    Bettie
    Who is looking after the little boy when Henrik is on his rounds ? Is he locked in ? Tied to the table ? Or have I missed something ?
    Old Holby I am up to where Chrissie starts and then Rik made his first appearance. He looks so young !
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 12th Jun 19, 12:35 PM
    • 4,115 Posts
    • 18,328 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Who is looking after the little boy when Henrik is on his rounds ? Is he locked in ? Tied to the table ? Or have I missed something ?
    Old Holby I am up to where Chrissie starts and then Rik made his first appearance. He looks so young !
    Originally posted by Bettie
    For some unknown reason, just left in office, as if any young child would stay put for any length of time! But then, this is Holby, only a semblance of reality

Where is the old Holby being shown?
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 12th Jun 19, 6:20 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    Bettie
    Drama channel , every weekday morning. I'm recording them and watching whenever I get a chance
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 12th Jun 19, 11:04 PM
    • 7,107 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    Anglea
    On the subject of old episodes, I saw Chrissie's dad in a spy film this week and both the dad and her mum together in another film not so long ago.

The ending of Dom's storyline was surreal, so was Henrik's grandson left alone in the office which often happens on either Casualty or Holby. No one seems to care about patient confidentiality with files either.

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 20th Jun 19, 6:39 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    Bettie
    Holby on tonight 8pm instead of last Tuesday
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 20th Jun 19, 6:45 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    Bettie
    I've seen a few familiar faces on the old Holby. Spence playing someone else. I think he was someone else a few shows ago as well. Fletch playing a patient called...Mikey! ..Connie playing a mother of a patient and she's also ex lover of one of the doctors, she looked very young and fuller in the face. Marvin from JLS playing son of a male nurse called Steve.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 21st Jun 19, 1:41 AM
    • 4,942 Posts
    • 25,049 Thanks
    JIL
    I've seen a few familiar faces on the old Holby. Spence playing someone else. I think he was someone else a few shows ago as well. Fletch playing a patient called...Mikey! ..Connie playing a mother of a patient and she's also ex lover of one of the doctors, she looked very young and fuller in the face. Marvin from JLS playing son of a male nurse called Steve.
    Originally posted by Bettie
    It gets even more confusing if you watch old "the bill" programmes at the same time.
    Fletch and Jaq are in that as well.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 30th Jun 19, 11:18 AM
    • 7,107 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    Anglea
    I wonder what Connie is going to do to the whistleblower doctor in Casualty?

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 30th Jun 19, 12:26 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    Bettie
    I wonder what Connie is going to do to the whistleblower doctor in Casualty?
    Originally posted by Anglea
    I didn't like her initially but I'm warming to her now and also the man that has been sent to check up on the ward and Connie. I don't know his name, he's good too.
    Dylan was very sympathetic whilst looking after Jacobs mum . Now she's died and Jacob's burnt the name I wonder how he will find his Dad.
    I wonder if I should have been a medical worker in another life.. I'm watching Holby, Casualty old and new, A&E , Doctors behind closed doors. Plus some ambulance thing that comes on sometimes.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 9th Sep 19, 8:06 AM
    • 26,711 Posts
    • 70,357 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Bumping the thread as I was surprised that there were nit comments after the reappearance of Faye, then Joseph.

That triangle was the main story when I started watching. DD was staying with us after breaking her shoulder.

It was good to see Dixie back in Casualty, too.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 10th Sep 19, 6:31 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    Bettie
    Bumping the thread as I was surprised that there were nit comments after the reappearance of Faye, then Joseph.

That triangle was the main story when I started watching. DD was staying with us after breaking her shoulder.

It was good to see Dixie back in Casualty, too.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in this group any more.
    Faye and Joseph were before I started watching Holby regularly and the old series hasn't got as far as them yet. I am so much more into the old ones, I can't wait to see when Hansen first appeared. At the moment it's back to when Chrissie got married to Owen.
    Back to the latest ones..Jac showed real pain over this Joseph, her face was a picture, snotty nose and tears plus the usual quick snog. I think she makes the show, plus Hansen who's gone off again.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Sep 19, 11:00 PM
    • 4,942 Posts
    • 25,049 Thanks
    JIL
    I used to really enjoy holby city, but it's not the same.

Too much on personal lives, not enough on patients.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 13th Sep 19, 11:14 PM
    • 7,107 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    Anglea
    I haven't been watching for a while as it was clashing with other programmes plus any episode I did start seemed too boring to continue. I did, however, watch last week with Ric's strange behaviour.

I also had to look up the Faye/Jac/ Joseph/his dad sagas from before as I'd forgotten most of it. I thought Joseph's face looked a different shape to how I remember him before.

Yes it was surprising to see Dixie.

I also didn't enjoy that storyline with Chloe and her creepy ex so didn't particularly want to watch.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,709Users online

Martin's Twitter