Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • luckybert
    • By luckybert 1st May 19, 8:21 AM
    • 897Posts
    • 247Thanks
    luckybert
    0 WOW
    Road trip
    • 1st May 19, 8:21 AM
    0 WOW
    Road trip 1st May 19 at 8:21 AM
    I'm going on a road trip and want a gopro or dashcam to put in my car. I know very little about them.

Any advice appreciated ie best, cheapest etc
Page 1
    • ddesoran9
    • By ddesoran9 12th Jun 19, 11:19 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ddesoran9
    • 12th Jun 19, 11:19 AM
    • 12th Jun 19, 11:19 AM
    Well if it's still relevant, I would recommend definitely a gopro camera. I have gopro hero 4, it's an odlie but does its job pretty well. It depends on how much you'll be using it later. If it's only for a few times, don't invest in it too much.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 17th Jun 19, 6:17 PM
    • 34,406 Posts
    • 21,756 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 17th Jun 19, 6:17 PM
    • 17th Jun 19, 6:17 PM
    I'm going on a road trip and want a gopro or dashcam to put in my car. I know very little about them.

Any advice appreciated ie best, cheapest etc
    Originally posted by luckybert
    The 2 devices are bought for different jobs.

A dashcam is for recording footage of other drivers eg if someone were to cut you up but they hit your off/near side or if someone were to hit someone else and cause an accident, you can offer the required footage.

A Go Pro is for recording say various activities eg cycling or you want to record what happens in a car journey as the Go Pro will be setup so it films the inside of a car.

I suspect a Go Pro is what you need, have a readup on both.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,699Posts Today

7,472Users online

Martin's Twitter