Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 10
    • kezzann
    • By kezzann 26th Apr 16, 9:48 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    kezzann
    peace in the park in sheffield is a free 1 day festival with music and stalls and entertainment for kiddies

http://www.peaceinthepark.org.uk/

on june 11th this year. definitely reccommend it if your in the sheffield area
    • lemontart
    • By lemontart 28th Apr 16, 3:14 PM
    • 5,831 Posts
    • 7,416 Thanks
    lemontart
    kettfest2016 has lots of free events going on in July www.facebook.com/kettfest2016
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
    • SplashWellyKid
    • By SplashWellyKid 30th Apr 16, 2:37 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    SplashWellyKid
    PureGold Goldsmiths Music Festival Launch, London's Southbank Centre, Mon 2 May 2016
    Free music event at the Clore Ballroom, Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, 2 May 2016, 4pm - 9pm. Many more free events during May - July around New Cross & Deptford for the main PureGold festival:

Hear the eclectic and innovative music coming out of Goldsmiths, University of London.

For the fifth year running, the Southbank Centre hosts the university's annual PureGold launch event.

It's a chance to see the talent of tomorrow, performing as singer-songwriters, bands and DJs and bringing gamelan, contemporary and multi-keyboard works, electronic and installations.

The showcase builds on and celebrates the musical successes that Goldsmiths has enjoyed in recent years, with previous alumni including Mercury Prize-winner James Blake, album chart-topper Katy B, and War Horse composer Adrian Sutton.

Artists and musicians who have performed at PureGold include: Ultra!sta vocalist FEMME, two of The Guardian's bands of the day, Bat and Ball and Semi Precious, and artists from the independent record label NX Records (run in collaboration with Matthew Herbert's Accidental).

After the launch at Southbank Centre, events continue from May to July at The Albany, Deptford and Goldsmiths itself.
    For more details see the PureGold site, as most of the events for the next month are free & all are open to the public:
    http://www.gold.ac.uk/puregold/
    • BerniiG
    • By BerniiG 22nd Jun 16, 10:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BerniiG
    Wheels and Fins Festival
    9TH-11TH SEPTEMBER 2016

Now in its 4th Year and and 100% organised and run by a local team.
    The ‘Wheels and Fins Festival’, is a FREE, three-day, music, action sports & beach festival located on Joss Bay Beach in Broadstairs, Kent. The festival includes events such as; Soapbox Racing, Skateboard Mini Ramp comp, UK BMX flatland champs, Surf & Stand up Paddleboard events, Trail Bike Display Teams, Mad Drop Air Bag, Slacklining, Fireworks, Live Music, Dj’s, Licensed Bars, Craft Beers, Food Court, Merchandise stalls and way more…
    The festival is only an hour and a half from London on the high-speed train making it a day trip for any eager beach thrill seeker. Not many festivals around the UK can boast that”.

This year we will be registering everyone who attends the festival. You will be allocated a wristband for the weekend which you will need to be wearing to gain access to the venues.

For more info and application forms for the soapbox racing etc... go to the website... just search Wheels & Fins Joss Bay
    • jp63
    • By jp63 22nd Jun 16, 4:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jp63
    WIGAN DIGGERS FESTIVAL

10TH SEPTEMBER
    GERRARD WINSTANLEY GARDENS
    Wigan

a celebration of the life and words of Gerrard Winstanley
    BAR AND TWO STAGES OF LIVE MUSIC AND VERSE
    TIME 11 UNTIL 9.30
    • bigdave333
    • By bigdave333 22nd Jun 16, 6:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bigdave333
    Lichfield Fuse Festival (Staffordshire). 6th-8th July
    It's not huge. There are three stages, usually with rock, folk, blues etc, and one for the kids! A few stalls, food, bar etc. Plenty of parking. More info at

the festival calendar.co.uk/festivals/Lichfield_Fuse_Festival_2016

Site won't let me post a link so just remove the spaces between "the festival calendar, and you can read all about it!
    • Caron Lett
    • By Caron Lett 31st Jan 17, 11:57 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Caron Lett
    York Festival of Ideas
    Another one for the site:

York Festival of Ideas
    yorkfestivalofideas.com

Where: York
    Dates: Tues 6 June - Sun 18 June
    Description: Annual event with over 100 free events to educate, entertain and inspire. Aimed at all ages and interests, it includes talks, exhibitions, theatre, music and film.
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 5th Feb 17, 9:12 PM
    • 16,485 Posts
    • 134,294 Thanks
    zagubov
    For Londoners it's worth visiting the Hanwell Hootie. It's a one-day music festival on 6th May so put it in your diary for later this year!
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • hellopaul
    • By hellopaul 5th Jun 18, 9:29 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    hellopaul
    The Darkness (for free!) at Festival Too
    I see that the listing for Festival Too in King's Lynn does not list The Darkness* as the headline act on Saturday 14th July. The Darkness - for free?! (Well, they suggest you put £1 in the collection - I suggest a fiver would still be an incredible bargain!)

https://www.festivaltoo.co.uk/

*was that text big enough to notice?!
    • purcel
    • By purcel 8th Aug 18, 7:40 PM
    • 1,436 Posts
    • 16,432 Thanks
    purcel
    Free tickets to Tribute to Rock festival (Paddock Wood)
    Kent online are giving away free tickets to Tribute of Rock festival this coming weekend, you can claim up to 12 free tickets:

https://www.tributetorockfest.com/freetickets

Worth up to £60 each.
    • ericm410
    • By ericm410 21st Jan 19, 10:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ericm410
    Free Music Festival
    check out this great free music festival in Witney Oxfordshire
    Past headliners:
    The Undertones
    The Farm
    From The Jam
    Two days of great music, this year its the 14th and 15th June

google Witney Music Festival
    • RoseThoro
    • By RoseThoro 12th Jun 19, 9:11 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RoseThoro
    Another for the list:

Create Festival
    FREE, 20th July, Victoria Park, Ashford, Kent
    Create Festival returns for its 24th year in Ashford’s beautiful Victoria Park, headlined by indie legends The Lightning Seeds. The free one-day event hosts four live stages, local street food, children’s rides and entertainment, and interactive theatre.
    Visit createfestival.co.uk for more info, or @AshfordCreate on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
    • jap200
    • By jap200 13th Jun 19, 6:53 AM
    • 2,002 Posts
    • 3,408 Thanks
    jap200
    Thanks RoseThoro, I just came here to post details of Create and see that you have already done it. It's a fantastic free festival and I'm looking forward to seeing The Lightening Seeds there this year.
    • little acorn
    • By little acorn 14th Jun 19, 3:42 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    little acorn
    Brecon Jazz Festival in Powys, Wales, Friday 9th - Sunday 11th August is a great weekend event.

It's ticketed for some of the top artists but the vast majority of venues participating in the Fringe Festival are free.

Almost all the pubs, caf!s, hotels, clubs, churches and even the Cathedral have music of every genre (not just jazz) from lunch time until late in the evening.

See: http://breconjazzfestival.co.uk/

I think the Brecon Fringe Festival only has a Facebook page (although they publish a printed programme quite close to the time).
    • marie chadwick
    • By marie chadwick 25th Jul 19, 1:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marie chadwick
    Burtonwood Music and Family Festival
    Burtonwood Music and Family Festival
    Saturday 3rd August. Free Entry
    Site Opens - 12.30pm
    The Main Stage:
    Amazing Kappa Band - 1pm
    The Rics - 2.15pm
    King Monday - 3.30pm
    The Whiskey Wooders - 4.30pm
    Francesca and The Paradigms - 5.30pm
    Enigma - Band - 6.30pm
    The Patriots - 7.45pm
    Jukebox Band - 9pm
    The Courtyard Stage:
    Charlie Reader - 2pm
    Cash Burns - 3pm
    Abigail Jarvis - 3.45pm
    Matty Lamb Music - 4.30pm
    Olivia Parr Music - 5.15pm
    Paddy Ryan Music - 6.15pm
    The Lounge:
    DJ Andi Lomax - 10pm till Midnight
    What else do we have >>>
    Food Stalls, Outside Beer Tents, Inside Bars, Kids Activities, Festival Stall, Tombola, RAF Burtonwood Heritage Centre, Burtonwood Coasters!!!
    > Saturday 3rd August 2019
    > FREE ENTRY
    > The Club Burtonwood, Phipps Lane, Burtonwood, Warrington, WA5 4HQ
    More information:
    - Only alcohol purchased onsite may be consumed
    - No dogs allowed
    - No camping
    - Yes you can bring your own chairs
    - No parking onsite, please make alternative travel / parking arrangements
    - Children must be accompanied by an adult
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 25th Jul 19, 3:42 PM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    I am wanting free tickets to the Creative craft show in September and the code is wrong and wondered why?
    Originally posted by Janeangela
    I can't find find any reference to that event here
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,455Users online

Martin's Twitter