Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 5:38 PM
    • 3,936Posts
    • 2,943Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 5:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 5:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP 12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 1:15 PM.
Page 372
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 6th Jun 19, 8:32 AM
    • 29,141 Posts
    • 61,915 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    That's some skin peel!! I think I might stick to my trusty Ped-Egg for my feet hooves.
    Originally posted by This Year
    I have been going at my feet with my trusty poundshop version Ped-Egg, thick moisturiser and winter socks, and they are the best they have looked in years! (Once the socks come off, obvs ).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 6th Jun 19, 1:49 PM
    • 337 Posts
    • 579 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    That's some skin peel!! I think I might stick to my trusty Ped-Egg for my feet hooves.
    Originally posted by This Year

I meant that since I posted that the peeling had started on toes and balls of feet now my heels had started peeling (2 days after the peeling started elsewhere). I didn't mean that the heels had been peeling since the beginning. However - peeling started on 4th in some areas and other areas have started peeling on 5th and 6th. The instructions tell you not to pull the skin off but the temptation is too great to give it a helping hand.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 9th Jun 19, 9:13 PM
    • 1,925 Posts
    • 3,916 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow, some Father's Day stuff and other items.

"Cool Pop", "World's Greatest Farter I Mean Father", "Dad, You The Man", "Caution Subject To Outbursts Of Embarrassing Jokes", "Best Bank Ever", 1
    "#1 Dad" and "Dad, You The Man", re-useable coffee mugs, 1
    Nivea Men Sport Shower Gel 250ml
    and lots of Nivea Body Shaving Products: Shaving Gel 200ml, After Shave Lotion 240ml, Shaving Stick 75ml, 1 each
    Don't like these at all, 6+ months BPA Free "Moustache" Soother, 1

Kind On Skin Fun Foam, Bathtime Soap, Paraben Free 225ml, 1
    A few of those 2 Garden Forks still remain

Peter Davison, 'Is There Life Outside The Box? An Actor Despairs' Hardback, 1
    Last edited by LouLou; 09-06-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 10th Jun 19, 5:41 AM
    • 6,948 Posts
    • 19,806 Thanks
    Doc N
    Argyle Street, Glasgow must be a very large branch, and maybe something of a flagship store?

I look at these posts with some degree of envy - none of this stuff ever seems to filter down to the smaller stores, and I rarely ever find anything worth buying these days.

Poundland used to be great (I'm talking 5+ years ago) but the buyers seem to have lost the knack (or maybe the price point's wrong) and the stuff these days in the smaller stores seems to be just a pile of junk not worth buying.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 10th Jun 19, 9:46 AM
    • 1,925 Posts
    • 3,916 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow must be a very large branch, and maybe something of a flagship store?
    Originally posted by Doc N
    Argyle Street was an old Woolworths - though Poundland is only on one floor rather than Woolies' two floors. It is Glasgow's biggest store (as far as I know) but there's a smattering of much-smaller stores all around the city centre, I try to visit them all.

This store also stocks Pep & Co clothing smaller stores don't have the space for (I'm guessing).

It's very much an, it depends, situation. I find things I don't see in Argyle Street elsewhere, and many of the same items are in the little stores. All very random, as is the way with Poundland.

Argyle Street is typically open till 10pm (9pm on Sundays!) so it's much easier for me to catch it when it's open!

Obviously I have no idea what Poundland stores stock nationwide, so I post on here in the vague assumption they have similar items - judging by my own experience.

Online-wise, stores such as poundshop dot com and onlinepoundshop (not sure of others, those are the two I've purchased from - but postage can be hefty) has some things Poundland also sells. OneBelow isn't quite as similar at the moment, as Poundland vs Poundworld was, but I think that'll change.

(Edit: Feel I made a similar comment ages ago, so apologies if I'm repeating myself).

PS: Really nit-picking, but I wish Argyle Street hadn't done away with the trolleys at the entrance, I miss them! Jamaica Street around the corner is a hotbed of trouble with warring teens, so that may be why - and the ne'er do-wells that wander around the city centre in general.
    Last edited by LouLou; 10-06-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 10th Jun 19, 7:18 PM
    • 6,042 Posts
    • 12,052 Thanks
    iammumtoone
    Foot peels

I saw these in the shop and see you have been discussing them on here. I have been using them from years. I love them its really gross satisfying seeing the skin come off. I use one around every 2-3 months, some brands are better than others. I got a poundland one to try I am gutted I won't be able to test it for at least a month, I hope if its good they are still selling them so I can stock up.

If anyone is thinking of trying them -some tips:
    soak feet in warm water before hand
    coat top of foot in Vaseline so the peeling liquid does not go where you don't want it
    Put sandwich bags over the included plastic 'socks' as liquid can leak out
    put on a pair of old cotton socks to keep everything in place, then over that a pair of thermal/slipper socks to keep the heat in.
    Leave for what is says on the packet
    wash off
    Do not use any moisturiser on feet until after peeling has finished, your skin may feel tight this is normal and means it is working soon after the skin will start to 'crack' and the peeling start.
    You should not peel the skin yourself but its very hard to resist

I have had good ones peel after only 1 day and some that don't even peel at all.

NOTE: not suitable for diabetics or on cuts / sensitive skin.
    Last edited by iammumtoone; 11-06-2019 at 3:42 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th Jun 19, 8:20 AM
    • 29,141 Posts
    • 61,915 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Foot peels

I saw these in the shop and see you have been discussing them on here. I have been using them from years. I love them its really gross satisfying seeing the skin come off. I use one around every 2-3 months, some brands are better than others. I got a poundland one to try I am gutted I won't be able to test it for at least a month, I hope if its good they are still selling them so I can stock up.

If anyone is thinking of trying them -some tips:
    soak feet in warm water before hand
    coat top of foot in Vaseline so the peeling liquid does not go where you don't want it
    Put sandwich bags over the included plastic 'socks' as liquid can leak out
    put on a pair of old cotton socks to keep everything in place, them over that a pair of thermal/slipper socks to keep the heat in.

wait and watch them peel I have had good ones peel after only 1 day and some that don't even peel at all.
    Originally posted by iammumtoone
    Can I just add the disclaimer - such products are NOT suitable for people with diabetes, whether you feel ok or not.

Can't wait to try one myself!

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 11th Jun 19, 3:34 PM
    • 6,042 Posts
    • 12,052 Thanks
    iammumtoone
    Can I just add the disclaimer - such products are NOT suitable for people with diabetes, whether you feel ok or not.

Can't wait to try one myself!
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse

Ok added along with some more tips I remembered. There are no disclaimers on my ebay Chinese import versions The Poundland packet doesn't say anything about diabetics which I imagnie is a big error on their behalf.
    Last edited by iammumtoone; 11-06-2019 at 3:40 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 12th Jun 19, 5:52 PM
    • 1,925 Posts
    • 3,916 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow:
    Storage Baskets (that rattan design, in an oval shape/navy colour, and rectangular/cream colour), 1 each.

Loyd Mint Time (Peppermint & Spearmint) x 20 teabags 40g, 1

Trongate, Glasgow:
    Thought these were really cute, Melon or Lemon ceramic dishes, 1 (similarish size to the Zebra ones that are out there)

Probably old news but only just spotted these - Twin Peaks Honeycomb Crisp 180g, 1 (I know these are a bit "Marmite", I quite like them)

Some Cadbury's Dairy Milk varieties, 1 each: Raspberry Shortcake

Simply The Zest (Orange) 110g or Choca-Latte 110g

Edit 13th June: These Cadbury's bars are 99p in Home Bargains.
    Last edited by LouLou; 13-06-2019 at 9:55 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 12th Jun 19, 6:51 PM
    • 29,141 Posts
    • 61,915 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Simply The Zest (Orange) 110g or Choca-Latte 110g
    Originally posted by LouLou
    Why am I still tempted by the Choca-Latte even though I know Cadbury's has wrecked the chocolate? Head-testing time...starting with the tastebuds

• Doc N
    • By Doc N 12th Jun 19, 7:17 PM
    • 6,948 Posts
    • 19,806 Thanks
    Doc N
    Why am I still tempted by the Choca-Latte even though I know Cadbury's has wrecked the chocolate? Head-testing time...starting with the tastebuds
    Not even as if it's that cheap either at 1 for 110g!
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 15th Jun 19, 10:23 AM
    • 29,141 Posts
    • 61,915 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The Derma v-10 foot masks are not easy to track down. When I looked in my local the other day, there was another peppermint foot mask (20 mins) masquerading in its place. I was not fooled.

I also noticed a generic version of Zoflora - the large size was just 1 but it was limited to 2 scents: cotton fresh and country bouquet (or similar). Has anyone tried it?

• savingmonkey
    • By savingmonkey 16th Jun 19, 9:15 AM
    • 927 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    savingmonkey
    I found a brand of shampoo and conditioner I've not seen in Poundland before, attracted my attention as they say not tested on animals and vegan friendly. Inecto Shea shampoo and Inecto Bamboo conditioner, both 500ml - bottles look like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inecto-Natural-Gorgeously-Glossy-Conditioner/dp/B07N4QJT8T/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=inecto+bamboo+conditioner&qid= 1560676242&s=beauty&sr=1-7

Not tried it yet, I just got the conditioner.
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 16th Jun 19, 11:33 AM
    • 337 Posts
    • 579 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    Not even as if it's that cheap either at 1 for 110g!
    Originally posted by Doc N

Bars of Cadbury are usually around the 1 per 100g in Poundshops and Home Bargains - whenever I buy any chocolate items I always use that as a benchmark price. Tesco sell bars this size for 1.50 unless they are on offer. Other major supermarkets are the same. So 1 is not overpriced in comparison to all the other shops.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 16th Jun 19, 10:18 PM
    • 29,141 Posts
    • 61,915 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Bars of Cadbury are usually around the 1 per 100g in Poundshops and Home Bargains - whenever I buy any chocolate items I always use that as a benchmark price. Tesco sell bars this size for 1.50 unless they are on offer. Other major supermarkets are the same. So 1 is not overpriced in comparison to all the other shops.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    Its still a lot considering the chocolate quality is inferior, and that Mondelez has a habit of mixing it with cheaper sugary diluents.

• catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 17th Jun 19, 9:50 AM
    • 337 Posts
    • 579 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    Its still a lot considering the chocolate quality is inferior, and that Mondelez has a habit of mixing it with cheaper sugary diluents.

I agree Mondelez have changed the recipe and Dairy Milk is not like it used to be in my childhood but it is still my preferred chocolate. Galaxy sticks to the back of my throat and makes me have a coughing fit so I stay away from that. Cadbury and Galaxy are about the same price per 100g when the main supermarkets don't have them on offer. I'm trying to stay away from products with Palm Oil in them but it's becoming very difficult.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 17th Jun 19, 10:50 PM
    • 1,925 Posts
    • 3,916 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow tonight:

Heinz Tomato Ketchup 1.35kg - 2 (though HUKDers say it's often 2 in Asda and 1.89 in Home Bargains - I'm an HP Sauce girl, anyway)

Not technically a bargain, but I haven't seen these anywhere else - Hula Hoops Flavarings 90g - Spicy, Tangy Cheese or Salt & Vinegar, 1

Guessing this is store-specific - the lower-tier characters from the SuperHero Girls range, I'm guessing (no Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Hawkgirl left). Poison Ivy, Bumblebee, Katana and Harley Quinn, 6" figures, 2.
    I bought Poison Ivy

Babies' Romper Suits for 5 - Toy Story (Woody)
    Incredibles (Edit: added picture, 19th June)
    Wonder Woman and
    Batman "My Cape Is In The Wash" (probably the cutest - not added all images but there's clickable links)
    Sizes go from 0-3 months up to 12-18 months

360 Orb COB Robot Light "(Flexible design points the light exactly where you want it), Powered by 3 x AAA batteries, remove tab before use", 2
    bigclive discusses it on Youtube here

Teacher Gifts, Cards, etc, display:

Top To Bottom, Left To Right:
    "Thank You Teacher" Gift Bags, "#1 Teacher" signs, "#1 Teacher" Rosettes
    All sorts of cards, one design is 2 for 1 on the bottom-left of the shelf
    "#1 Teacher/You're The Best" Reusable Coffee Cups
    Ceramic Silver "Best Teacher" Stars, "Youre The Best" keepsake tins, "#1 Teacher" Notepads
    "Best Teacher" Teddies and Smiley Stars (soft toys)
    There are Chocolate Oranges and Turkish Delight boxes underneath but these are often in Poundland.
    Clickable link here

(Near the entrance) 1 Dove Shower Gels (for women) Hand Washes and Dove Men Care Shower Gels, 1 (can't see the mls, though)!
    Last edited by LouLou; Yesterday at 9:29 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 20th Jun 19, 11:04 AM
    • 29,141 Posts
    • 61,915 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The roses I bought from Poundland a few months ago have come to bloom, and are just stunning. I have an orange Dutch Kronenbourg from a few years ago and that's just getting more beautiful every year.

So much joy from just 1

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,773Posts Today

7,681Users online

Martin's Twitter