Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Watching Madness Live on Pick tv :D
  • Just finished totting up this years finances, oh the fun on NYE ;)
    MHOC - we spent Groceries - £1,340.58

That's on 2 of us, however, and the big however here is we spent around 5 months of the year outside of the UK and this figure includes buying groceries to make meals in other countries around the world. Shame we can't travel with more of a stockpile sometimes LOL
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    lum.jpg
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Just finished totting up this years finances, oh the fun on NYE ;)
    MHOC - we spent Groceries - £1,340.58

That's on 2 of us, however, and the big however here is we spent around 5 months of the year outside of the UK and this figure includes buying groceries to make meals in other countries around the world. Shame we can't travel with more of a stockpile sometimes LOL

I am in awe of this amount I am trying to think of a budget but it will be much higher than this and I will be delighted if I can get near it.

I have tracked my spending since Boxing Day it’s :eek:

My AP produced a £20 dining voucher , £5 Greggs and a free coke Will be “shopping” again tomorrow.
  • Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year – I am looking forward to 2018 being as good as 2017 – two stanzas from one of my favourite poets which sums up my view on life – a sort of survival guide in a “jungle” populated by some who have little moral rectitude. Gonna av to give up the ciggies this year :)

IF you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
    No need of fat club badges for me Shazza Smith- I got the MSE 2 year anniversary" badge! :T:T
    Carbon monoxide (CO) is a gas that can kill you quickly. It is called the silent killer
    CO15 is different – in it you will find a person who will scam you quickly. It is called trash.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,992 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mhoc wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to keep a chart or an excel of their everyday housekeeping spending for the whole of 2017?

I started doing this properly - mainly as a guide to giving me exact figures for if/when OH retires - and working out what is a manageable amount for us to live on
    I've managed an entire year :T - tomorrow will have a look at the figures to see if there are any areas that could be improved.

so far groceries are a prime candidate- our household increased by 50% in April but even so the average weekly spend just on food for humans (not cats, birds or foxes) (not added in this weekends spends yet) but its averaging out at £45 a week (sadly there are never any good yellow labels or RTCs locally)
    (multiply this by 52 - gobsmacking figure :) )
    Someone called Cleo sends me regular scarey texts telling me just how much dw has spent on our cards :eek:
    Sada mag - no mocs.

But there's a full page ad saying Mullers singles will be 12 for £3 from 2nd Jan to 25th.

And a selection of 4 recipes using baked beans...
    Hmm, wonder if we will need to take the xmas bakery trigger with us to the store....
    I think....
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,992 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    I am in awe of this amount I am trying to think of a budget but it will be much higher than this and I will be delighted if I can get near it.

My AP produced a £20 dining voucher , £5 Greggs and a free coke Will be “shopping” again tomorrow.
    Put ap onto another droid but no nfc phone and can now see the expirey dates = have about a dozen of the costa 3/10s the expire on 2nd Jan so will need to try to extend them, I think there is a 46p item?
    I think....
  • mrsmac10 wrote: »

I'm a little :eek: at us spending £1.3k if I'm honest :rotfl:

The year prior it was about half that but our diet was much worse and the hauls from the supermarket were much more speradic as we had a lot less cash. This year we've bought everything we desire, healthy - and otherwise :rotfl:
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    I'm a little :eek: at us spending £1.3k if I'm honest :rotfl:

The year prior it was about half that but our diet was much worse and the hauls from the supermarket were much more speradic as we had a lot less cash. This year we've bought everything we desire, healthy - and otherwise :rotfl:

So, my grocery spend for 2017 totals £756.79 - but this is for a one person household.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    So, my grocery spend for 2017 totals £756.79 - but this is for a one person household.

£14.55 a week, thats amazing! :beer:
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills