Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Whilst we were in Yorkshire we went to a pet place, actually had some birds in and were very knowledgeable. Around here we were really struggling to find somewhere with birds that we could actually see, bigger than budgies anyway, not a problem to find them. Anyway, we have decided we want to get a Caique so will probably end up with one next time we go to Yorkshire. DD was trying to persuade us to get one there and then but would not have been fair on the bird, we had no idea of where to put the cage and it would have had to be in it's carrier for far too long, so next time we will be dropping by there on the way home.

I know a lot of people do not agree with caged birds, but our cockatiels loved their cage, and they had a big one, and the cage for this bird will be very big, and he/she will be out in the house whenever we are home, and these birds are hand reared and born in this country, they would find it hard to survive if just released here. It was actually wonderful to find a place where we could actually see the birds and find out their history, that sort of place just does not exist round here.

Of course, the name will be amusing. The breed of bird, at least in Yorkshire, is pronounced Cake, so if we get a male (hoping for a male) it will be Kipling, if we get a female it will be Victoria :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2017 at 10:29AM
    sarahskint wrote: »
    morning :D

strange question for first thing in the morning. Are there any justifications on filming children on dash cams? I mean if I was stood outside a park with a hand held camera filming kids I would be carted away - but if you park outside a kids playground and film them on a dash cam is that ok? I'm looking into a safeguarding issue lol Also with dash cams can they be left on to record 24/7 regardless of where they are parked? I've been on google for a while and am struggling to find information!!

Could be because older kids bullying younger ones? or teenagers wrecking the park, happens quite a bit round here with older kids hanging around making a nuisance of themselves...no law against filming in a park btw.

As E mentions above some have motion detectors, mine does and switches on if car is hit or break in attempted.

what was your concern?
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all, happy Sunday.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Morning all, still in bed drinking tea until the house warms up a bit.

Last night I fell asleep on the sofa with Ronnie cat curled up on my lap so OH left us there, woke up with a start, no clue as to where, when or why, sorted the cats night food and litter trays out, then had to go to the bathroom - it occured to me that the last 3 days have been so busy I've not been and I'd not even noticed (too much information) Then there was the trauma of not knowing where my phone was, never go to bed without it - Sophie cat was trying to sleep on the sofa and was glaring at me for keeping her awake as I took the living room to pieces. Eventually it was 2 oclock when I got to bed :eek:

Not sure what direction to go in today. I literally have not a scrap of wrapping paper and very few gift bags but I seem to have missed all of the sales - our Sainsburys had sold every roll by the 27th.

Alos not sure wether to do another beans shop but would it work today ......?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Last nights beans shop vs M

4x Heinz Macaroni Cheese (400g) £4.28 £2.40
    0.28x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.21 £0.20
    2x Heinz Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g) £2.14 £1.20
    2x Heinz Spaghetti with Sausages in Tomato Sauce (400g) £2.14 £1.20
    3x Aptamil 3 Growing Up Milk Powder Formula (900g) £30.00 £28.00
    1x Villa Maria Pinot Noir Private Bin (75cl) £9.00 £9.00
    3x Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup (400g) £2.85 £1.80
    6x Heinz Beanz with Pork Sausages in a Tomato Sauce (415g) £6.42 £3.60
    2x Heinz Spaghetti Bolognese (400g) £2.14 £1.20
    1x Heinz Minestrone Soup (400g) £0.95 £0.60
  • louj101
    louj101 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Happy Christmas everyone:xmastree:

For all my lovely siber friends
    Sorry its been so long again :( but I've had the worst year ever with my pain :( so I'm hoping for better year next year xx

how are you all doing? X

I'm hoping to be on here a little more next year due tomy son (16 years old mikie) is going to help get some bargains :)

Money is just getting worse every year I'm like this so something have got to be done because I'm not going to get better from this :( I have just been told I have fibromyalgia :(

Anyway have a lovely bargain hunting day xx

:(broke my back doing glitching :eek:
  • Good morning

Went out last night to check out the whoopsies, not as much as the night before but I now have my stuffing and pugs in blankets for next year:rotfl: got me thinking about streetlights and wondered how much her xmas dinner came in at :cool:
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2017 at 11:36AM
    For only £3 a foul jumper for DM :D

http://www.newlook.com/uk/mens/clothing/knitwear/black-gobble-slogan-christmas-jumper/p/549069101?comp=Browse

And one that might suit Locarr ;)

http://www.newlook.com/uk/mens/clothing/knitwear/burgundy-bite-me-slogan-christmas-jumper/p/549077767?comp=Browse

Seriously though men's jumpers for as little as £1 on new look and they are not all Xmas quite few of the plain ones are £1 :money:

Sorry can't do link for some reason sorting the jumpers low to high price but definitely worth a look...
  • sarahskint wrote: »
    morning :D

strange question for first thing in the morning. Are there any justifications on filming children on dash cams? I mean if I was stood outside a park with a hand held camera filming kids I would be carted away - but if you park outside a kids playground and film them on a dash cam is that ok? I'm looking into a safeguarding issue lol Also with dash cams can they be left on to record 24/7 regardless of where they are parked? I've been on google for a while and am struggling to find information!!

Moral issues aside, anyone can film whoever they like perfectly legally if it's in a public area. Filming in a public area does not invade a persons privacy which is the crucial factor.
    If being filmed for ulterior purposes then offences may be committed, but not necessarily.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure