Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Afternoon luvlies

Posting from the car - DD1 just wattsapp’d me this pic of her 99p bargains in our local Clinton’s. Bottom pic is what I just got in a larger store, some thank you’s and some blank ones.

C60_AF182-6_F9_B-433_F-_B53_A-_D4_FA0_FDD1_BD5.jpg

59_D77_A22-2354-45_B2-_BEC2-_ADEE134_A369_A.jpg

Ignore the reduced price as they all scanned at 99p. Got quite a few checked at the till but some were £2.40 so left those ones :rotfl:
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Superdrug

C7495567-_C7_E5-4_E4_A-_AC62-671_A9_C1_E278_C.jpg
  • Also SD

35p and 45p for the black one

D7_D3_D039-_DC52-4149-83_F1-47237419_ED15.jpg
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Potentially free boiler care for one year for Sky customers through BGas:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/britis-gas-!!!!!!-and-controls-breakdown-cover-for-a-whole-year-99-excess-exclusively-for-sky-customers-2867920

£99 excess. Is that any good or are there better offers?

HTH

Anon
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Anon wrote: »
    Potentially free boiler care for one year for Sky customers through BGas:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/britis-gas-!!!!!!-and-controls-breakdown-cover-for-a-whole-year-99-excess-exclusively-for-sky-customers-2867920

£99 excess. Is that any good or are there better offers?

HTH

Anon

That could work for me - having just forked out a shedload of £'s to repair then replace a very knackered boiler (not mine!), I'd highly recommend some kind of cover for everyone!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Saversue wrote: »
    Just to say todays Heinz shop worked, didn't get any beans, as don't like them, with or without sausages. so just be careful now Asda House has seen my receipt from yesterdays shop and know what the apg was, in-case the glitch stops.

Think I need to hand in my Elite Badge.

Hi Sue,
    Hope this event hasn't put you off too much. My BIL was in this store yesterday typing in PAGS and sausage fingers must have typed in a couple of digits wrong and therefore voided off two at the end, trout came over and told him you have doubled scanned them and she was confiscating them, he politely told her no way had he double scanned them and she was not having them as they are his. I used these two this morning no trouble.
    Think they must be clamping down a bit but ever shop has different rules on how they can/can't be used.
  • Well, we are now back from Yorksire.

Not going to hit the ground running though, first cold I have had in years and it started off up there :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Saversue wrote: »
    Just to say todays Heinz shop worked, didn't get any beans, as don't like them, with or without sausages. so just be careful now Asda House has seen my receipt from yesterdays shop and know what the apg was, in-case the glitch stops.

Think I need to hand in my Elite Badge.

Saversue, please dont think like that. If the glitch stops then it wont be down to you! There have been plenty of glitches in the past and will be in the future...they start, they stop, we will move on to the next one :rotfl:
    Asda head office must have seen lots of very large apgs with the toiletry 342...and yet it has continued for a long time. I am sure they know what is happening and in time their system will be updated to stop it. The fact that it takes them time is a bonus for us.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm back!!
    Hope all of the Elite are well and have had a great Christmas.

Christmas Day at friends house, provided cheese, crackers and took some wine, fabulous day, came home early as up on boxing day to drive to DS's.
    Great day with his in laws etc.
    (Took cheese, crackers and wine!)
    The extended family secret santa went well, but I'm sure one of the gifts I received I had given to a member of the group last year!:rotfl::rotfl:

Dgds (13 &11) had, I think, bought a few gift sets from A's for us and others... I so wanted to tell them how they could have saved money!! (No B&H though). Then they told me that they had bought their dad David Beckham stuff!!
    My resolution is to liaise with them before Christmas next year!
    Then a couple of days with DS and family.
    Not spent a penny other than fuel for car, they wouldn't let me go into Waities in Henley, even though we were parked in Waities' car park:eek:

Off out tonight to the Christmas day friend's girl's curry night, need to take wine,
    then on New Yer's Day, local pub for the day, need to take, you've guessed it, cheese and crackers.... they may not like it if I took my own wine!:beer:
    Given my traditional trip to France I have had plenty of cheese and wine, so this Christmas has been Quite MSE!
    Not sure if I'll be able to catch up, but have APGs to use up and may look for whoopsies tomorrow.
  • Bikertov
    Bikertov Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just reading about various Elite APG issues.

I have had 2 or 3 wombled ones rejected recently for no apparent reason, both at manned and SS tills. Can't have been previously claimed as you can't print again from a different account that it was claimed on.

I try to keep a low profile, but know one store at least has been watching me in the past.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure